1/144 VietJet Airbus A320

zebra

Very nice job,not seen this livery before.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Cheers Michael.

• Thanks 1

Hi Julian,

Nice to see something a bit different.

How did the decals perform? Strange that LN decals produce almost exclusively Scandinavian subjects then there's this random Vietnamese livery, weird. But very nice!

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Julian,

Nice to see something a bit different.

How did the decals perform? Strange that LN decals produce almost exclusively Scandinavian subjects then there's this random Vietnamese livery, weird. But very nice!

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian. I thought it was odd that LN produced these decals, they must have liked the scheme as much as I did. The decals mostly performed ok. They needed a bit of help to conform to some of the more complex shapes but Micro Sol did the trick. They tore in a couple of places in the process but you get plenty of spare decal because anything with a window on it is printed twice, once with the grey to represent the window and once without for use with the kit's windows. So I was able to use a bit of the spare decal to patch things up. They were nice and opaque too - I was concerned about the red being visible under the yellow, but it's not really a problem. But the V of the Vietnam logo isn't quite complete - part of it broke up and I've had to live with that. I'll definitely use LN decals again.

Very nice build Julian, thanks for sharing.

The decals were produced because a Danish modeller and good friend of Lima November owner Ruben Husberg was flying as a VietJet A320 captain!

Dave G

• Thanks 1

That's a beautiful livery on the Vietjet A320 and it's very fortunate for us to see such colorful airliners flying over Vietnam and some parts of the world. My favourite livery would be the All blue Vietnam Airlines. However I had the misfortune of travelling on the A321 flight VN920 which blew its starboard engine while lifting off from HCM city.