Airfix... Swift!

7 minutes ago, mark.au said:

Nice looking Swift there.  

What is the thin square object to the right of the box?  I reminds me of something from the last century but I haven’t actual seen on of them for years 😁

Sounds better than something on a phone. Cheeky.

Wait till you see who's on the next photo. And if you're from Australia (?) just be careful or I'll start mentioning rugby. 

• Haha 1

1607638036430-789413092

Getting its top jacket. That done, it's spraying time once more.

Oh, and Mark: that cd case has the concert ticket inside. Old fellas like us still go to gigs and see it for real.

Then we have a nice lie down..... Roll on end of lockdown so that kind of thing can happen again.

Maybe if you're lucky, I'll snap a pic of the drumkit to my left. Which I can play.

Yeah, really. Very C20th.

Edited by Big Dave S
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

Sounds better than something on a phone. Cheeky.

Wait till you see who's on the next photo. And if you're from Australia (?) just be careful or I'll start mentioning rugby. 

The latest one is much better, a fine album indeed.  We’re very much from the same century Dave, I still have my ticket from seeing U2 at Wembley arena in 1984. 

As for rugby; firstly neither of us is a Kiwi so no bragging rights there.  Secondly, I’m a Brit who transplanted to Canada for 25yrs before moving down under so I can pick and choose loyalty and codes to my best advantage 😏

Edited by mark.au
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, mark.au said:

The latest one is much better, a fine album indeed.  We’re very much from the same century Dave, I still have my ticket from seeing U2 at Wembley arena in 1984. 

As for rugby; firstly neither of us is a Kiwi so no bragging rights there.  Secondly, I’m a Brit who transplanted to Canada for 25yrs before moving down under so I can pick and choose loyalty and codes to my best advantage 😏

Ah right. Always handy to be able to do that.

That's quite a journey.

Now: All Blacks. Hmmm. A superb game in the world cup last year that they lost. I also enjoyed watching Argentina beat them in the tri nations.

Not the force they once were. It's good to see other teams getting better. I just hope the head injury situ gets resolved.

• Like 1

Friday is here! Knocking off shortly, to finish masking this little smasher and then cook seafood chowder.

Enjoy the weekend. Will check in here periodically.

Let airbrushes flow and paint brushes weave their magic...

• Like 2

Looking good. I was a little concerned when I saw all the bits go together before paint but you’re doing a splendid job, she’s looking grand. 👍You’ll be doing blu tac worms for camo before you know it.  

Hope you have a good evening.

Johnny

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I'll probably stick with brush painting the green camo on. It's taken 5 yrs to get this far and I just have 7 more aircraft on the to-do list before that subject comes to an end.

The big issue was washes and getting them even. Think (think...) that's resolved now. This one is the project that tests that for certain.

No pressure, then.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mark.au said:

Since you expressed interest in Genesis (an absolute passion since I was 12..!) Try this (with beer on hand):

Have a good weekend.

• Like 1

1607852667571-1577673296

Three coats applied. A few spots to finish off. Pitot tube a tad off straight. Can't do much about that now.

No music references. Listening to Broadcasting House on R4.

Edited by Big Dave S
  • Like 3

On 12/12/2020 at 09:48, The Spadgent said:

And then you build no more? How very dare you to have an end in sight. 😱🤣

Ah well, the wishlist runs out once there's a B52 and a Mirage IV in the cupboard.

And so does the available cabinet space.

C'est la vie. C'est pas grave...

• Like 1

Nice bottom Dave (fnaar!) :D 

Pitot crooked? Do you have any Tamiya Extra Thin (TET)? If so you can put a dot on and wiggle it straight.

1 hour ago, Big Dave S said:

Listening to Broadcasting House on R4.

Ah, you must be Paddy's other listener! :D 

Love that show.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Final squirts applied to the underside. That should be everything, airbrush-wise. 

No pics worth showing, so maybe try this....

Edited by Big Dave S
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Jones said:

Coming along nicely , but no Swifts had light grey undersides , should be either PRU blue or High Speed Silver { Aluminium } underneath .

Yeah. I did that with the Hunter too.

See introduction to this piece: I bend the rules a bit.

• Like 1

Disregarding the ragged bits that need to be tidied up, take note of the clear (camera?) window: if you choose this option, be sure to paint the nose wheel cavity inside before gluing it in place.

I guess I'm painting over them now.

Not impressed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big Dave S said:

Disregarding the ragged bits that need to be tidied up, take note of the clear (camera?) window: if you choose this option, be sure to paint the nose wheel cavity inside before gluing it in place.

I guess I'm painting over them now.

Not impressed.

Shame about the camera window. She’s looking really good. Forgive my asking but bud you paint the cockpit? 💆‍♂️ My spider sense is tingling. 

Good luck with the hairy stick. 👨‍🎨

Johnny

11 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Shame about the camera window. She’s looking really good. Forgive my asking but bud you paint the cockpit? 💆‍♂️ My spider sense is tingling. 

Good luck with the hairy stick. 👨‍🎨

Johnny

Many thanks. Yes I did paint the cockpit. Getting that done and the fuselage halves glued is one of life's joys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1