1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109Z "Zwilling" by A&A Models

Wuger91

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Amazing that an aircraft that never even flew has more kits than some that had many more built and even decades of service

Its wonder me a lot also. Why people do care about things or items which never happened?

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JWM said:

Its wonder me a lot also. Why people do care about things or items which never happened?

Regards

J-W

It is interesting stuff but I would rather see some neglected real subjects addressed first (Vulcan B1 on the top of my list of course)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Gz3qdZNLDH8dBgCBFYf6HAhuSk6NadS9MgBsT85GEGs6BSCSkqgEU8zqnQTB3sdHl&id=1048501705294464

Dear friends,

Thank you for your support in such a difficult time for us!

Just want to let you know that we are well and continuing our design and production work. Next month our products will be restocked in our distribution network. So, check out your favorite retailer.

Be also advised that our next release shall be Bf 109Z "Zwilling" (1/48). More detailed info regarding the that kit shall be provided soon.

AAM4809.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

While a new full kit will be nice, this has been pretty well served with resin conversions in 1/48 so if like me, you built one with one of the conversions it may not be worth picking up at least until it shows up at the vendor tables at a show.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Sprues & decals. Release expected in late September 2022

Sources: 

https://www.modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/messerschmitt-bf109z-1-zwilling-185

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0QCubYaHYkeBkST1axPnFr1FLzE9G8cvvkr2VhTo4e2ZW8CXwhXkfSx3363WNziAxl&id=1048501705294464

Glad to share few pics from the sprues of fortcoming Messerschmitt Bf.109Z-1 "Zwilling" (1/48).

The kit shall be in sales from the end of September!

300936752-2826626480815302-7361637464551

301177201-2826626614148622-8957902494715

300955738-2826626670815283-1632820696942

301020050-2826626757481941-3839624921385

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

I am not much into speculative subjects. However, this one caught my attention as the Zwilling (based on the 'Friedrich' airframe) was built even though it apparently never flew due to being damaged/destroyed in a bombing raid. I was already planning to mod two 1/48 Zvezda Bf-109F to create one. Seems AA has saved me the trouble. It is also good that AA is using the Friedrich as the Gustav based version was planned but not built, and even better if they have accurately copied Zvezda to get the shape/details right.

I have built up a file on the Zwilling and have no photographs of the original so any scheme/details would be speculative. Similarly, there are drawings available but no details as to what primary source was used - so probably, again, speculative. Planet Models did provide some details on the type, in their instructions, without quoting primary sources. So everything may be a concoction of best guesses or oft repeated claims. Does anyone have anything more concrete?

Irrespective, I am in and will definitely buy this kit due to my interest level. I planned to finish it as a new build. Partially painted like some of the excellent 109 factory images available like so

Bf-109 Factory Line

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G-factory-assembly-line-Germany-06

It does make for an interesting subject.

Ray

• Like 1

I’ve hidden a load of rubbish with accusations of copying other products (baseless if you ask me) with some danger of devolving into a political slanging match, so I would advise everyone to stick to the topic in hand and quit slinging nonsense about. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:47 PM, Mike said:

I’ve hidden a load of rubbish with accusations of copying other products (baseless if you ask me) with some danger of devolving into a political slanging match, so I would advise everyone to stick to the topic in hand and quit slinging nonsense about. 

I'm sorry, but it's not nonsense here. It is enough to compare the details. 

3 hours ago, FFE said:

I'm sorry, but it's not nonsense here. It is enough to compare the details. 

1. You are arguing with a Moderator.  Fair warning.
  2. The Zvezda Bf.109F is a Bf.109F, and if everyone gets it right, they WILL all look the same.  Are you going to attack Tamiya, Eduard and even Messerschmitt for copying their kit? 
  3. I've built the Zvezda Bf.109F, and IIRC it only had one fuselage to differentiate it, amongst other things. 
  4. If you're just going to troll about anything Zvezda made first, or attack anything made in Ukraine, maybe Britmodeller isn't the site for you :shrug:
  5. Bearing in mind the last part of 4 above and your location stated in your profile, attacking a company's products because of where they're based will leave you open to being banned from the site if you keep it up. 
  6. We keep politics out of our discussions here - that includes all sides without exception.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well for not wanting to take a step back, arguing with a moderator etc Mr FFE has left the building

Please no more of this type of thing on here.

Fair warning as Mike says.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I,m one of the designers of Zvezda 109F and yes A&A 109Z based on Zvezda kit

Thats a fact far from any politics.

Well that happens everywhere and everytime

anyway you guys will have no more problems building our cowlings ))))))

Edited by Mansur Mustafin
  • Like 2