1/20 Eagle Weslake, Dan Gurney, Belgian GP Spa 1967. MFH.

pg265

Hi,

Last pics of the finished Blue Wonder.

d53cf510.jpg

3ce95710.jpg

a8b88a10.jpg

15597910.jpg

1f20dd10.jpg

5f865b10.jpg

557f5f10.jpg

15074e10.jpg

25074410.jpg

dsc04610.jpg

dsc04612.jpg

dsc04613.jpg

dsc04611.jpg

The next one?...British Racing Green!

Pascal

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

That's an amazing build Pascal, so much detail, especially in 1:20 scale! You should be very proud of the end result, well done!

May I just ask how did you achieve such a wonderfully realistic 'heat staining' effect on those exhausts?

Kev.

Edited by Cumulonimbus
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Thank you very much!

I wanted something realistic, but had to play with White Metal and turned Alu parts for the exhaust...

I just thought that the easiest way to depict the stainless steel heat stain was to... heat stainless steel!

So I cut and replace the original parts with SS tubes which were heated with a mini torch: simply real heat stains ;)

Pascal

• Like 2

Be still my beating heart!!!! The most beautiful race car of all time IMO! If I were ever to venture into an MFH kit, this would be the one. Fabulous job Pascal!!!!

I was fortunate to see this 1:1 car in the flesh at the Rolex Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca in 2010, a weekend tribute to Dan the Man. In addition to his extensive collection of other Eagles, Ford brought out the red Ford GT Mk IV that he won Le Mans in ‘67 to display. Mr. Gurney walked around on a cane that weekend but made a point of greeting all of his adoring fans (like me). He was a class act and a hell of an engineer and competitor. All the great ones seem to be fading away lately...😔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1