Tigermoth No.2 Airfix 1/48

Hi all

here is my latest built Tigermoth No.2 from Airfix. Enjoyable modeling. Rigging was done with PRYM elastics. Cables for rudder and so on is the elastics from Uschi van der Rosten.

Enough waffeling, please enjoy the pic’s.

best regards 

Andy spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngBspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 48
  • Thanks 3

Yet another cracking build, plus your photography helps bring them to life. The pic of the two next to each other looks like a referance photo from a Vintage Wings meet.

They are addictive little kits, I am just finishing up my second and already planning a 3rd!

Matt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angell328 said:

Yet another cracking build, plus your photography helps bring them to life. The pic of the two next to each other looks like a referance photo from a Vintage Wings meet.

They are addictive little kits, I am just finishing up my second and already planning a 3rd!

Matt

Hi Matt 

thank you very much. Yes indeed I also plan to build another one, but then one version without the anti spin panel. Hope to get some fine decals.

And the best thing I detected yesterday.........ICM will bring another one in 1/32!!!!!!!!!!!!!😍😍😍😍🤓🤓👍👍👍👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Matt 

thank you very much. Yes indeed I also plan to build another one, but then one version without the anti spin panel. Hope to get some fine decals.

And the best thing I detected yesterday.........ICM will bring another one in 1/32!!!!!!!!!!!!!😍😍😍😍🤓🤓👍👍👍👍

So I am looking forward for your second one.....😍😍😍

• Like 1

Oh wow another lovely Tiggie,  great work and great back rounds too, are you using backrounds you have photographed or downloaded? They look really good together .

Like the Prym thread used it on my Stearman build and its the first time I have rigged a model in a single evening! Great stuff.

You have done a cracking job. 

Chris

7 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Matt 

1/32 ICM Tiggy.........oh dear this may prove expensive!! 😆

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh wow another lovely Tiggie,  great work and great back rounds too, are you using backrounds you have photographed or downloaded? They look really good together .

Like the Prym thread used it on my Stearman build and its the first time I have rigged a model in a single evening! Great stuff.

You have done a cracking job. 

Chris

Good morning Chris,

yes the most of the backdrops are taken by myself. The one with the windsock is from an airfield near Celle......Celle-Arloh. The other one are from the Ex-Luftwaffe airfield. Celle Hustedt. Until 1944 it was commanded by the famous aces Günther Rall and later Walter Krupinsky. In 1944 it was taken by the Royal Airforce until 1947, when I am not wrong. It was called B150 Hustedt by the RAF. Meanwhile there’s nearly nothing to see anymore except some small concrete ruins. You can read about this airfield in „Lost places“ somewhere in the www. 
So if you are interested in some backdrops please let me know, I am sur I can send you some pic’s.

Best regards 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Excellent result, got to fly in the real one 2 years ago as my xmas present, great experience.

Hi,

that really makes a little bit envious! I think you will not forget this experience until the curtain fall. 
best regards 

Andy 

1 hour ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi,

that really makes a little bit envious! I think you will not forget this experience until the curtain fall. 
best regards 

Andy 

Aero Legends out of Headcorn airfield, just down the road from where I live. I wanted the Spitfire experience but at £2700 for 30 mins, that was a bit to much. 30 mins in the Tigermoth was great, the small size meant you could feel the effects of the wind and thermals more than a larger aircraft, never exceeded 85 knots according the wind speed indicator on the wing spar.

1 hour ago, Andy Dyck said:

Good morning Chris,

yes the most of the backdrops are taken by myself. The one with the windsock is from an airfield near Celle......Celle-Arloh. The other one are from the Ex-Luftwaffe airfield. Celle Hustedt. Until 1944 it was commanded by the famous aces Günther Rall and later Walter Krupinsky. In 1944 it was taken by the Royal Airforce until 1947, when I am not wrong. It was called B150 Hustedt by the RAF. Meanwhile there’s nearly nothing to see anymore except some small concrete ruins. You can read about this airfield in „Lost places“ somewhere in the www. 
So if you are interested in some backdrops please let me know, I am sur I can send you some pic’s.

Best regards 

Andy 

Thanks  Andy, that's  interesting info and thank you for the kind offer I will have to look to see how to do that and make a bigger base to be able to, but yes please if you could send some pics.  I shall PM you with my email address. 

21 minutes ago, neil5208 said:

Aero Legends out of Headcorn airfield, just down the road from where I live. I wanted the Spitfire experience but at £2700 for 30 mins, that was a bit to much. 30 mins in the Tigermoth was great, the small size meant you could feel the effects of the wind and thermals more than a larger aircraft, never exceeded 85 knots according the wind speed indicator on the wing spar.

Would love this too, I used to drive past every day to and from work every day used to love seeing the aircraft coming in and was lucky enough to pass as one of the Spitfires came into land and passed directly over the car before touching down as I passed with my sunroof open . Loved driving past there but am now working from home since March.

Chris

What a lovely build, and your excellent photography shows it off at it's best.

What silver did you use? I have just done a Gladiator in Tamiya XF16, and I wasn't overly impressed with the graininess of it. When it catches the light it looks more like metal flake.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Quiet Mike said:

What a lovely build, and your excellent photography shows it off at it's best.

What silver did you use? I have just done a Gladiator in Tamiya XF16, and I wasn't overly impressed with the graininess of it. When it catches the light it looks more like metal flake.

Yes I know that problem with Tamiya silver I wasn’t happy too cause of these relativ rough flakes. So I used Alclad White aluminum. Before I used Tamiya black as primer. Later on a semi matt clear finish. So it doesn’t look metallic, but more silver. Also got good experience with AK extreme metal.