DH-88

Linus

Hello Folks,

from my old question about the color for the serial numbers on DH-88 G-ASCC it was silver and not white , so the KP kit is correct? yesterdy I received the DH-88 Micro-Mir 1/48, but the serial number in this last kit are in white! Could it be that Airfix, SBS, and Micro Mir were all wrong color, and only KP made color correct? Thanks in advance at all .

linus

On 11/28/2020 at 3:10 PM, Linus said:

about the color for the serial numbers on DH-88 G-ASCC it was silver and not white

I assume you're referring to G-ACSS, as G-ASCC is the one and only Auster AOP.11, also known as the Beagle E.3.

The registration lettering on ACSS was almost certainly white, and reported as such in the September 1934 issue of The Aeroplane.  

p.s. this is in the wrong forum and should be here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/27-classic-up-to-1968/

Edited by Work In Progress

36 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

I assume you're referring to G-ACSS, as G-ASCC is the one and only Auster AOP.11, also known as the Beagle E.3.

The registration lettering on ACSS was almost certainly white, and reported as such in the September 1934 issue of The Aeroplane.  

p.s. this is in the wrong forum and should be here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/27-classic-up-to-1968/

Thank you Work In Progress, sorry I had wrong to write, it is correct G-ACSS!!! Also I had wrong forum, what do I re-ask the question in the other section?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that KP consulted with the library at Shuttleworth to confirm the silver colouring.

From a personal interpretation of the b&w photos I have seen silver seems more likely than white, some even where white does not seem possible.

No doubt the differing opinions on the issue will rumble on for a while yet. 😀

• 2 months later...