First RFI post: Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ and F-15C

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, haroldk said:

Nice job on the Eagles. What did you use for the conformal fuel tanks on the Iceland F-15C?

Cheers, Harold

Thanks mate!

The CFT’s are from the kits: I built the F-15DJ from a F-15E kit (actually Revell’s reboxing of the Hasegawa original) and used its CFT’s on the F-15C model instead. Fit of these tanks is so-so, by the way: they do require some work to fit and blend properly with the fuselage.

Cheers,

Patrick

4 hours ago, fox1_BE said:

Thanks mate!

The CFT’s are from the kits: I built the F-15DJ from a F-15E kit (actually Revell’s reboxing of the Hasegawa original) and used its CFT’s on the F-15C model instead. Fit of these tanks is so-so, by the way: they do require some work to fit and blend properly with the fuselage.

Cheers,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your reply and the information. Did the Aim-7 Sparrow missile mounts come inthe F-15E kit as well or is this something you had to scratchbuild?

Thank you and Happy New Year, Harold

I believe these are included in any of the Hasegawa F-15 boxes: on sprue D, of which two pieces are included, together with vertical and horizontal stabs, engines and droptanks. No armament though, as per Hasegawa’s standard!

Best wishes to you as well,

Patrick