Intro

quasi

Been visiting Britmodeller on a daily basis for years, amazed and informed by a great Community, ran by a dedicated and obviously passionate Owner and team of sensible Mods. 

I generally favour Sci-fi, Dioramas and figures - in that order. My amassed stash of around 35 years consists of not one completed model to display! I started painting and converting Citadel/ Warhammer kits, but have never been able to complete one before taking parts away into other builds/new ideas!

I currently have about 7 different base projects using a wide range of kit bits, toy parts, pillaged items, a wide range of kit subjects contribute parts but my Subject always Sci-Fi - although I've never bought a kit with the intention of building it out of the box, but for the parts they can provide.

Across many house moves and changes in circumstances my boxes have stayed with me, and now with a dedicated workspace and fresh tools and supplies, I'm hoping by assimilating into your collective I can be forthcoming with sharing some images and hopefully get some pieces completed.

I am yet to arrange any image hosting, I have an account on IMGUR not posted from, but have read a bit about hobbyphotohost which I believe is operated by a BM'er.

Greetings

q

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, quasi said:

ran by a dedicated and obviously passionate Owner and team of sensible Mods.

By gum, you know how to make a good first impression! :lol:

I watched a documentary about the renovation of your house (Notre Dame) today, coincidentally.  Quite a horrific fire, and they're working so hard to fix it up again. :)

:welcome: to the forums ;)

• Haha 1

The man himself, thanks Mike  I come here to see stuff that I wouldn't get anywhere else. Most Sci-Fi sub-sections / forums show limited genres, whilst I love Star Wars and Star Trek, the models I like to see are where people make up their own stuff purely to take cool photos! A lot of models don't last, so somewhere like this is an essential resource to share and view others ideas and builds.

Suppose that's what happens what you construct using brass rod and plastic sheet. I have a hunch this rebuild may take a while.

q

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello quasi...:post1: from Chicago USA. As much as Im a tech dummy even I figured out Imgur and have no issues after three years with them, so it is a viable option. 

Dennis

Thanks for the welcome Dennis. I think I will follow your recommendation - I'm hoping there should be a way to hide my images to public view but still be able to share to here. 

q

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quasi said:

Thanks for the welcome Dennis. I think I will follow your recommendation - I'm hoping there should be a way to hide my images to public view but still be able to share to here. 

q

There is a private option. I use it about 99% of the time. 

25 minutes ago, Pete F said:

Welcome. This really is the best place to share modelling info.

I return your welcome.in thanks Pete F.

I agree, a place of inspiration and generation of ideas for next builds. I used to enjoy fichtenfoo's forums and followed a few currently active BM'ers over to here when that site got deluged with Spam and became unusable. I believe it's been rebooted and new threads have been activated. 

q

• Thanks 1

Quasi, Glad you've cleared the airlock and are settling in. More Sci fi is always welcome, and I like your 'not out of the box' style.

Even I figured out Imgur, so it can't be that bad. Just make sure your pics are the right size for this site.

I use around 640 x 480. Drag and drop your picture onto Imgur. Then click on it and copy and paste the location onto here.

Looking forward to some products from your new bench. Pete

Thanks for the warm welcome Pete. Another BM'er who's builds and ideas I admire. I'm ashamed to say I did have to do a quick search before I could answer the security question, not being an aircraft modeller!

Appreciate the imgur info too, I've always accessed this site by mobile but do have a good tablet that would probably serve better for uploading. The camera is just better on my phone and it's easier to crop pics and adjust the values.

On the bench (two large desks, indoors) I do have an idea inspired by your use of car body shells in your always impressive Ma.K builds. 

q

• Thanks 1