1:72 617 Sqn Tornado GR4

Adam Poultney

Think the Revell kit is widely regarded as the best going, although it may have issue with the radome shape. Theres aftermarket resin radome for it. I've built the Hasegawa kit many, many years ago which is also good but maybe hard to come by now. 

Whichever one you go for there both GR1's so you'll need a FLIR sensor for the port side of the forward lower fuselage.

I built Revell's 1/72 kit with the Freight Dog GR.4 set and a resin nose from Flight Path (which is meant for the Hasegawa kit, but fits the Revell kit nicely). I havent built the Hasegawa kit so I can't comment, but the Revell kit is a straight forward build, with good detail oob

Cheers,

Todd

spacer.png

Edited by TBP1538
Incomplete post
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, Muzz said:

Think the Revell kit is widely regarded as the best going, although it may have issue with the radome shape. Theres aftermarket resin radome for it. I've built the Hasegawa kit many, many years ago which is also good but maybe hard to come by now. 

Whichever one you go for there both GR1's so you'll need a FLIR sensor for the port side of the forward lower fuselage.

Hi there

Well I have stalled with the Tornados builds so all are in underbuild condition, I really think that the best in the woneerful 1/72 scale is the Revell (also the nose is a need so I already cast a few resin noses, the but with this kit is how position the main undercarriage) the Hasegawa Tornado are ok buy the Revell are really nice

Best modeling you all

Armando

I've recently built the Revell kit. It's generally decent, but the transparencies in mine were truly awful. Could barely tell what the smaller bits were. I think others in the Tornado GB had similar problems. I'd also recommend not bothering with the swing wings and moving pylons as they move very easily when the model is handled and risk breaking the stores under the wings.

I got the SBS resin nose which has an exquisite brass pitot tube that looks really nice.

Al.