Messerschmitt Me410

Hello all

Here's my attempt at Revell's 1/48 Me410, an OOB build using the kit decals, for a B-2/R-4 of ZG26 in April 1944.  Overall, a hugely enjoyable build, with the only slight let down being the canopy parts - which are not a particularly good fit, but didn't detract too much from the overall experience.  The fit of the rest of the kit, I thought, was quite impressive.  This is a fair bit bigger than the single-engine jobbies I've been building to date, so maybe it's a size thing..

Painted with a combination of Vallejo and Mig.  Vallejo RLM 76, Mig RLM 74 (more grau, less grun) and Vallejo 'dark gull grey' in place of their RLM 75 - tried it as an experiment with the Mig 74 and I think it looks like a decent match.  I'd be interested to hear what others think.  Anyway, here we go..

XTQZJN0.jpg

jlAZKBy.jpg

Lyyg45b.jpg

h7MqiN9.jpg

fsdcL0t.jpg

NxHKk6D.jpg

EH08zv2.jpg

S0GP0Wo.jpg

f1DDcL3.jpg

• Like 29

2 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

For a straight out of the box that's a cracking result. The colours seem just right to me but I'm no Luftwaffe expert and the canopy looks fine as well. How do you achieve such good spirals on the bosses?

Pete

Thanks Pete :) 

The spirals were done with Montex masks, left over from an old 109 mask set.  The kit decals did include spirals, but they were just awful, so I took them off and re-did the spinners with the Montex masks instead.

• Like 1

I agree with you, it is a good kit with problems about the canopy. I built it twice, the second with open canopy which made it somehow easier:

I will sure do another one some day, but the kit (also available from promodeller) is hard to get.

Volker

• Like 1