Do 17z ICM 1/48

Greg Law

I started this in the Battle of Britain group build, so I have put a link to that thread. This avoids doubling up of posts.

Since I last posted I have black base the plane and this morning I pre-shaded it. 

More images will be put up once I start the final painting in a few days. 

I have decided to change the marking choice to 5k + EA KG3. This is a more standard BOB plane marking. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well it has been a month since I posted. It's been a very unusual one for me. After five and a half years on the farm I have moved into the city. It has taken a full two weeks to get everything moved and setup. Now I'm ready to start back at the bench. All my built models survived the move with only two minor knock off bits which are fixed. I thought the Condor's props were lost, but they finally turned up under my nose.

Tomorrow I will be masking the Do17z for a coat of RLM71 in my new paint den. (Laundry under the flat) Using my new bench (top of washing machine). 🙂

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Well it has been quite a while getting to the end of this build, now just on a year after starting it I have completed it. I'm generally happy with it. The only issue the photos show up is the canopy joint isn't as good as I would have liked.

This is a result of the long build. I had it on perfectly until the guns started to drop into the interior, so I had to remove it to fix them. 

I haven't panel lined it because I decided I liked the factory fresh look of this plane. Next one I do will be weathered.

The blue on the propeller isn't quite right, but close enough for me.

More photos will be done for the RFI in a few days.  

Now I have moved onto another partly built Ju 87A1. This was another hard build that wore me down. 

Do 17z BOB 10

Do 17z BOB 11

• Like 11

Hi Greg, 

Nice one. The splinter camouflage looks exceptionally nice. Always good to see them finished. Mine is still in the box.

Ray

I'll check out your GB thread tonight @Greg Law  That's a nice build! I'm tempted to add a Do17 to the stash, they are an attractive aircraft, and I love working in 1/48. I just wish there was a decent Hampden available, as I think they would make a good comparisson build.

• Thanks 1