1/144 - Boeing B-757 family by Zvezda - B757-200/-300 released

Homebee

it looks like they have some quality issues on the kit, i guess at some point they realized how many people are waiting for this kit.

It seems one MLG leg is short shot on almost every kit, there are bubbles in the clear windscreen, panel lines missing, PW fandisk completely off. Lets see what else we will find... ๐Ÿ˜• anyway still happy to have this kit. All issues are only minor things so far...

Edited by RCI

24 minutes ago, RCI said:

it looks like they have some quality issues on the kit, i guess at some point they realized how many people are waiting for this kit.

It seems one MLG leg is short shot on almost every kit, there are bubbles in the clear windscreen, panel lines missing, PW fandisk completely off. Lets see what else we will find... ๐Ÿ˜• anyway still happy to have this kit. All issues are only minor things so far...

I canโ€™t say that mine is short shot anywhere or has bubbles in the glass sections and about those P&W engines the blade shape is somewhat too pronounced but the shape is there in real life.

https://www.airteamimages.com/boeing-757_OO-TFC_asl-airlines_369849.html

ย 

But in the end it is a better option then the Minicraft or Eastern Express renditions.

As you said minor things and also happy with mine๐Ÿ˜

ย 

cheers, Jan

Just got mine and I love it! ย Yes the fan disks are questionable (PAS kit had same issue) but everything else looks amazing. ย The molding really captures the โ€˜characterโ€™ of the plane very well, especially the nose/windshield. ย After years of wrestling with the Minicraft effort, this kit is a godsend.

And the price is excellent too (take note, Eastern Express). ย Canโ€™t wait till they reach my local hobby shop so I can buy five more.

ย 

Thank you Zvezda!!!

ย 

Best regardsโ€ฆDuncan

ย 

ps. Hey Zvezda, show some love towards the 707 and 727. ย We wonโ€™t mind!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, janneman36 said:

I canโ€™t say that mine is short shot anywhere or has bubbles in the glass sections and about those P&W engines the blade shape is somewhat too pronounced but the shape is there in real life.

https://www.airteamimages.com/boeing-757_OO-TFC_asl-airlines_369849.html

ย 

But in the end it is a better option then the Minicraft or Eastern Express renditions.

As you said minor things and also happy with mine๐Ÿ˜

ย 

cheers, Jan

ย 

i must have something with my eyes then...cause this looks like a fan from a totally different engine to me ๐Ÿฅด cant say that about the RR

in addition the PW fan is not really fixable, compared to some other things like missing panel lines etc

ย 

2056-z

ย 

• Like 1

@RCIย As I said to pronounced at certain points and that does make it look funny..so nothing wrong with your eyes๐Ÿ˜‰

If the outerย rounded part of the blade would be placed with a little more forward than the middle should beย less rounded ..thenย it could be more like in real life as it has three different curvatures.

In the end I hope there will be an aftermarket blade from Braz.model or Metallic details....canโ€™t say anything about the panel lines though as I didnโ€™t look into it ..

ย 

cheers, Jan

I've had four of these delivered and am very happy with my stash additions. I can't report any issues with bubbles or short-shotting. The fan blade shape may cause concern for some - but not me. Anyway, I'd rather they had including an early shape RB211 ('C' was it) as opposed to a P&W.

ย 

A long-awaited kit and for <ยฃ25 a piece - what a steal.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Boeing B-757 family by Zvezda - B757-200 released - B757-300 in 2022
  • 8 months later...

really excited about that one. they also added air inlets, which is great. i really like the decal choice...hopefully available soon for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2022 at 05:13, Homebee said:

Test build -ย ย ref.ย 7041 - Boeing B757-300ย 

https://vk.com/zvezdamodels?w=wall-29859496_2722657

ย 

pkr-FHug-G2ts.jpg

tg-Qks-H0-Fs-Mo.jpg

ย 

DYmtrp-Siius.jpg

ย 

Tk-LJT8ws114.jpg

ย 

xl-Dcsope-K2-Q.jpg

ย 

V.P.

Thats definitely one for my collection.

How to get it is another question at the moment though...๐Ÿ˜ณ

17 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Thats definitely one for my collection.

How to get it is another question at the moment though...๐Ÿ˜ณ

ย 

Zvezda kits are still getting out,ย  i think distributed via Austria. But in UK soon there's going to be an extra tariff applied, so the prices will be increasing significantly.

ย 

Assume that EU will be the same.

ย 

Re this kit, not a fan of Demo/Test liveries. Sure I can find a nice aftermarket option though!

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Boeing B-757 family by Zvezda - B757-200/-300 released