Tamiya 1/48 Panther G in winter camo

Hi all, finished as part of the ongoing and excellent Panther STGB here are some pics of my recently finished Tamiya 1/48 Panther G. She is finished in a temporary winter camouflage scheme copied from a picture, unfortunately the unit and whereabouts are unknown but it was taken in January 1945.

The kit is typical Tamiya and goes together with no trouble at all, the paints I used are Revell Aquacolour acrylic ones and they performed very nicely. The temporary white is my Mig products, the mud is homemade and the snow is Citadel Valhallan Blizzard.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now be gentle with me because I am not normally an armour builder, but all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Thanks for looking, and for those of you who haven't had enough of it here is a link to the build;

Craig.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Not seen a winter scheme like this before. Original paintwork showing through the winter white looks impressive, as does the weathering and the mud on the running gear. Like it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, echen said:

Not seen a winter scheme like this before. Original paintwork showing through the winter white looks impressive, as does the weathering and the mud on the running gear. Like it.

17 minutes ago, SimonT said:

Love it Craig, it came out great!

Cheers guys, thats very much appreciated.

Hi Craig. Hope you and yours are all well. Sorry I haven't been following your build thread recently - I will try and check it out soon - but that turned out superbly. I love the camo, the whitewash and the snow and mud weathering effects!! It all looks brilliant! :worthy: :worthy:

I think you can safely call yourself a fantastic armour builder! Looking forward to seeing your build in the Panzer III STGB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, swralph said:

Great looking model.😀

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. Hope you and yours are all well. Sorry I haven't been following your build thread recently - I will try and check it out soon - but that turned out superbly. I love the camo, the whitewash and the snow and mud weathering effects!! It all looks brilliant! :worthy: :worthy:

I think you can safely call yourself a fantastic armour builder! Looking forward to seeing your build in the Panzer III STGB.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks mate, you are far too kind my friend. If I could get anywhere near the results that you do then I would be very happy indeed.

I'm really looking forward to the Panzer III STGB, a bit of desert weathering!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

If I could get anywhere near the results that you do then I would be very happy indeed

Seriously.........I am well impressed with your finish on this build and such interesting overall camo/weathering effects!

I look forward to you desertised Pz.III!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1