Sukhoi 27 family GWH vs KH

salomon

I received the model of the SU-27UB from GWH almost a month ago but I did not find the time for the assembly. Today the Kitty Hawk SU-27B arrived. My first impression is the progress made by KH. The engraving is sharper, assembly seems perfect to me. The detail of the N-001 radar is very close to the real thing, there is the nose cone separated and in the second part which is detailed compared to the GWH model which is more simplified.

My conclusion on these two models:

GWH continues with a fairly high level like their SU-35 with good crisp and very detailed engraving.

KH has made tremendous progress over their SU-35 and SU-34 which were already very good but with some minor imperfection in the editing and engraving. Well done and I will be placing an order for their SU-30 SM and waiting for the Su-33 from Minibase which looks great to me even though the radar option choice is not available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thanks! but please post photos of your observations!

the KH kits usually get complicated by their assembly process caused by the many parts needed for some of their models in order to get many variants out of the same mold. Is this sentence complicated and not correct enough to you? :devil:  That is how one often feels when building a KH kit next to something else... like e.g. a GWH kit! or a modern Tamiya kit....

You may be correct about quality of surface detail salomon, I don't have the GWH kit to compare against. But I do know that my KH Su-27B kits has no axles on the main gear legs so I either bang on loads of epoxy and cross my fingers, buy tubing and drill bits and make and mount my own axles or buy aftermarket undercarriage. 

So regardless of surface detail,  until KH mould their parts as they are shown in their own instructions I'd say the GWH kit is better.

Unless they ship incorrectly made kits as well.

I almost considered buying the KH kit to create a hybrid - the KH radar, engines and other bits to the main GWH structure. I particularly like the GWH fuselage with the wings integrated as well as the canopy 'frame' approach similar to the AMK F-14D. I'm also glad that my GWH kit comes with a box full of slide molded weapons. 

Sorry for the lately reply, some pictures to compare both kits. Oh yes I have the same idea by mixing the KH's part with the next coming Minibase with the folding wings.

The dark grey parts are from GWH.

To MrProd, I don't get time compare the gears thing, but I natice the instruction is better than befor without miskating number parts for the build, I begine building the cockpit but can't use the decal because the printing isn"t that clear compare to GWH.

dav.jpg
dav.jpg
dav.jpg
dav.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

wowwww i have the su 30 mk which is the su 27 ub in a su 30 box by kittyhawk and i have the Great wall hobby su 27 ub ! while the kittyhawk is rather nice with all the fitting problems and the kittyhawk errors ! Great wall kit is far best comparing with kittyhawk !kittyhawk has a long way to do and offer a better kit not perfect but seems they stuck always with the same errors! just out of this post look what they did with the su 30 SM the complete cockpit is missing for the mentioned version !