Meng 1/48 F/A-18e Super hornet

thepureness

On 29/01/2021 at 16:04, FinalApproachPhotography said:

Released! Just ordered mine from Lucky Model.

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=MG-LS-012

In box review : https://www.detailandscale.com/scale-model-reviews/meng-boeing-f-a-18e-super-hornet-148-scale

spacer.png

146109633-1398405640502254-8603475808636

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, Muzz said:

Kinda looks like they’ve added the scheme from Top Gun Maverick as a decal option without realising what it is!

Given that they've put the pilot's name on the side, they full well realise!!

7 minutes ago, FinalApproachPhotography said:

Absolutely! I actually just received the shipping notice from Lucky Model this morning, so I should hopefully have it within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks, looking forward to it!🙂

Hi,
Is it just me or is something fishy at the leading edge of the wing root? The real plane has a fluid, almost continuous, fillet while the photos of the kit seem to show some kind of hard shaped V profile. Could someone help with some photos of the plastic once available? I don't know if I'm allowed to attach here photos that I don't own so that's why I did'n did it. 
Thanks

• Sad 1

There's something wrong on the spine too. It supposes to blend smoothly at his end, on the kit transitions seem to be sharp, almost a crease.

Fit of the ECS exhausts parts is definitely not Tamiya like, noticeable gap visible.

And panel lines look heavy, it may be the picture quality.

34 minutes ago, plasticguy said:

There's something wrong on the spine too. It supposes to blend smoothly at his end, on the kit transitions seem to be sharp, almost a crease.

Fit of the ECS exhausts parts is definitely not Tamiya like, noticeable gap visible.

What pictures are you looking at?

12 hours ago, plasticguy said:

There's something wrong with the box too. It looks way to boxy to be an accurate box. I really don't know what they were thinking. 

• Haha 12

15 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

There's something wrong with the box too. It looks way to boxy to be an accurate box. I really don't know what they were thinking. 

I'm sure the angles are wrong in all four corners,  shame was expecting better accuracy 😉😂😂

• Haha 3

On 2/7/2021 at 5:28 PM, dobilan76 said:

Hi,
Is it just me or is something fishy at the leading edge of the wing root? The real plane has a fluid, almost continuous, fillet while the photos of the kit seem to show some kind of hard shaped V profile. Could someone help with some photos of the plastic once available? I don't know if I'm allowed to attach here photos that I don't own so that's why I did'n did it. 
Thanks

Here you go. Just landed today.

IMG_3477

IMG_3478

IMG_3479

I was right about that box...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nocoolname said:

I don't know. Let me go and ask it.

I was under the impression that you have the kit in your possession?  I'm a poet, and don't even know it! Sorry, I just had too! LOL 

7 minutes ago, B.sin said:

Thanks for posting! Please tell me, is the surface finish smooth or pebbly?   Asking for friend.

LOL 

She said to tell you that her skin is 'unique'. Luxurious even. Not quite the 'pebbly' of some manufacturers but not the 'shiny' of Hasegawa. Somewhere in between. I'd say pretty close to Tamiya's F-14.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

She said to tell you that her skin is 'unique'. Luxurious even. Not quite the 'pebbly' of some manufacturers but not the 'shiny' of Hasegawa. Somewhere in between. I'd say pretty close to Tamiya's F-14.

Tell her, I say thanks!

I think it's a great looking kit so far and I'll do a further unwrap tomorrow or Weds when I've got more time. I'm mostly surprised that the box is 'roughly' the same size (from what I can recall) as that for the F-35. My only other 'bug' kits have been the large box Hasegawa F/A-18F and Kinetic F/A-18D and the 'mahoosive' box Eduard Superbug. I'm glad I got this since I've been looking for somewhere to house my Fightertown VX Vampires decals.

• Like 1