McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom, 57th FIS, USAF, Iceland.

modelling minion

Hi Craig,

A great result Craig and even better considering this darn virus. A simple and quite unique scheme and a pleasure to to see an F-4E in "Interceptor" colours and well armed for such a role.

Ray

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Filler said:

Hi Craig. Wishing you all the best on your recovery and I’m relieved to read that you haven’t suffered too badly.

The Phantom looks amazing. Brilliant work! I must say that it does look a much more interesting aircraft than its successor in the 57th FIS. Pretty sure my attempt to build that successor in this GB isn’t going to happen now to compare them though.

Look after yourself.

Phil

Hi Phil, and thank you very much for your kind thoughts regarding both myself and my Phantom.

Very sorry to hear that you won't be building the Eagle in the 57th markings, I was really looking forward to seeing that.

Take care mate.

31 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Hi Craig,

A great result Craig and even better considering this darn virus. A simple and quite unique scheme and a pleasure to to see an F-4E in "Interceptor" colours and well armed for such a role.

Ray

Hi Ray, and many thanks.

I am not usually a huge fan of single colour schemes but there is something about this one that I really like, maybe its the fact that is unique among active duty USAF Phantom units.

4 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Craig, I missed this build but wanted to say the outcome is brilliant!! She looks as menacing as she looks good. Bravo :clap:

Thanks Nigel, really good of you to say so mate. Its very easy to lose track of people and their builds at the minute isn't it as there's so much going on, and a lot of people staying in.

• Like 1

Hi Craig. I hope you are feeling better and your family are all keeping safe and well. I am very impressed with your Phantom! You have done a fantastic job. Your build, paintwork and finish look absolutely superb!! Awesome modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. I hope you are feeling better and your family are all keeping safe and well. I am very impressed with your Phantom! You have done a fantastic job. Your build, paintwork and finish look absolutely superb!! Awesome modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix my friend you are far too kind as always.

Feeling a lot better thanks, and somehow the family avoided getting it, jammy sods! Actually back to work tomorrow, for one day only though as I have been furloughed for all of February! Need to finish my sickness before furlough starts otherwise our wonderful HR department will put me down for sick for all of February and they would pay me a LOT less for that than for furlough.

• Like 2