Airfix Hunter F4...problem.

mackem01

Hope this is the correct place to post this, but I'm having a head scratcher with this kit. When I try to join the two fuselage halves the nose forward of the cockpit will not join. I've taken the pit out several times assuming something is in the wrong place but can't find anything untoward. Has anyone else had this problem and can offer a solution?

T.I.A.....

Stupid question; have you got the nosewheel bay front bulkhead on the right way round. From very rusty memory (someone left my brain out in the rain) the bottom section is angled forward.  If it’s the wrong way round it’ll foul the locating ribs.  Failing that is the rear section of the nosewheel bay below the cockpit correctly aligned?  I’ve built three of the Airfix 1/48th Hunters (2 6’s and a 4) and don’t recall (see above) any problems like yours.  I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Thanks for the advice Steve, all items were correctly assembled. It came down to filing the edges of the cockpit tub down, after taking off a little plastic I've been able to wrestle everything into place. Trail fits indicate success and I will button her up this afternoon.

Edited by mackem01
  • Like 2