Jump to content

Airfix 1/48 Iraqi Sea Fury


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

super ! .. ..a resin cowl might have a been a bit of a time-saver but isn't really necessary at all on this kit IMHO. That said you did well to keep all the nice upper fuselage cowl details intact!

Thanks 👍. If I can save money and do it myself I will. To be honest though I used plastic card to replace those details I lost. A little time consuming but relatively basic skills and rewarding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jenko said:

That's a fantastic build.

 

Can I ask one question? I love the weathering, but wouldn't the markings also weather? Maybe at a different rate possibly. 

 

Something I've been wanting to ask for some time.

 

Still a great build.

 

Cheers

 

Dick

Fair comment Dick, as my skills improve I guess the next level will be incorporating the decals more into the weathering process. I would actually describe my finishes as more artistic than necessarily uber accurate. It’s how I like to build and present them though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gryphon28 said:

Fair comment Dick, as my skills improve I guess the next level will be incorporating the decals more into the weathering process. I would actually describe my finishes as more artistic than necessarily uber accurate. It’s how I like to build and present them though.

 

Please don't think I was criticising your work in any way (I think it's superb) .  In was just curious.

 

Dick

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. That is a fantastic finish and the Sea Fury looks great in the Iraqi scheme. 
I’ve recently built this kit in RAN colours and plan to do another in a Moroccan scheme.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Wow. That is a fantastic finish and the Sea Fury looks great in the Iraqi scheme. 
I’ve recently built this kit in RAN colours and plan to do another in a Moroccan scheme.

Nice one Steve, I have plans for another too.

22 minutes ago, jenko said:

 

Please don't think I was criticising your work in any way (I think it's superb) .  In was just curious.

 

Dick

All good mate 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gryphon28 said:

Fair comment Dick, as my skills improve I guess the next level will be incorporating the decals more into the weathering process. I would actually describe my finishes as more artistic than necessarily uber accurate. It’s how I like to build and present them though.

Markings are painted and re-painted.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...