Valom 1/72 Dassault Toofani

Finally out of it's box of shame, this has been almost finished for half a decade! No problems with the build, went together really nicely for a limited run kit. And although as usual for me it's stuck to the base, it actually isn't a tailsitter without nose weight. Painted with old skool Humbrol polished aluminium metalcote, some panels in Mr. Metal Color 8 and others in good old Citadel Mithral. Red is Revell Aqua,and is brighter than my camera picked up. Decals went on really nicely with no solutions (not even Kleer) - but I didn't realise the serial went over the airbrakes which I'd glued open. This led to a few anxious minutes with the port side one which curled up into a ball when I tried to cut it around the brake, but it all worked out OK in the end.

The pics show I didn't do a particularly good job of cleaning off the excess Tamiya panel line wash!

Dassault Toofani (Ouragan), 29 (Scorpions) Squadron, Indian Air Force

IMG_1762 (2)

IMG_1763 (2)

IMG_1764 (2)

IMG_1772 (2)

IMG_1768 (2)

Thanks for looking

Keith

• Like 33

Thank you everyone for the great comments, they are very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

I built the same kits sometimes ago and here is mine 

Hi Tom, yes I commented on your lovely build at the time - and to be honest your model is what actually inspired me to get this one finished. :)

2 hours ago, mitchem said:

If you don't mind me saying, it's about time you started sharing more of your builds on BM

I don't mind at all Mike, only problem is I've only finished two so far this year - this one and the Roden T-28 Trojan which is already in RFI somewhere....!! 

Thanks again all!

Keith

On 11/26/2020 at 10:15 PM, keefr22 said:

Everything OK with you & yours bud, we've missed you at the ''meetings'' 

Keith

Hi Keith, I will no longer be attending the meetings,due various problems.Hope all is well with you and yours.

Regards

Ken

9 hours ago, celt said:

Hi Keith, I will no longer be attending the meetings,due various problems.Hope all is well with you and yours.

Regards

Ken

That's a shame Ken. hope you'll be able to join in again soon. Yes thanks, all OK here, touch wood.

K