HMS Victory new colour

Bigdave22014

46 minutes ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Hello Britmodeller hivemind,

With HMS Victory now being painted in her accurate shade of yellow/pink/whatever you want to call it, does anyone produce the new colour?

Or, is there an approved mixing recipe? 

Regards,

Dave

Colour Coats fairly recently released some new colour for this purpose. (I think they were launched in response to the colour chips found recently.)@Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies should be able to confirm.

I think the ones you want are Georgian Era Buff and Georgian Era Very Dark Grey.

They are really nice and spray beautifully. The only down side is being enamel you really need to have a layer of acrylic or laquer over the top befpre you use any enamel weathering products.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2020 at 6:31 AM, europapete said:

Thanks Jamie! need a set for mine. Any news on when H+B Hobbies will restock? I need a whole bunch of colours ( Hood, Victory, RAF, etc.) Regards, Pete in RI

H+B told me on a recent order for which they didn't have one of the tins that I wanted (after I placed my order and had been charged for it, it turned up out of stock but I did get credit on my card for it) that they may have a restock this month.  I also noticed that Sovereign says that White Ensign Models are stocking their paints.  A quick check and they do list the paints, but don't have anything saying if the items I want are in stock or not.  May try to place an order with them later on this week.

Later,

Dave

We've a restock for WEM waiting to be picked up. The UK went back into full lockdown again and everything is delayed. I've spent most of my 2 weeks off for Christmas working to produce enough for H&B who asked for theirs to be held back til the new year, but I'm not getting any response from our German tin supplier for the time being. The UK government recently introduced new legislation requiring all foreign companies to collect a particular British tax at point of sale and it costs money and time for these companies to register and do it, so many are now refusing to sell to the UK. I don't yet know if I can get any more 14ml tins at all. Stew hasn't been able to help this past year at all, not for want of trying I might add.

I'm not enjoying this any more and my house is falling to pieces because I spend all my time grafting for paint orders that don't make me wealthier. I'm tempted to just double my prices and see what happens. It'll either make a small contribution to the finances or I can just can it and enjoy my life.

• Sad 1