A pair of NVAF Mig-17 Hobby Boss 1/48

Hi all,

I built NVAF Mig-17 2011 a while ago. Unfortunately I chose the wrong cockpit color not knowing that russian cockpit turquoise was much later introduced. So I decided to build another one with grey cockpit. The red number decals for 2019 were taken from a Kopro decal sheet. 2011 is finished in Alclad white aluminium without any shading. I did not like that either so I decided to paint 2019 in airframe aluminium with some darker panels. So the result is that 2011 looks factory new compared to a heavily used 2019. 2019 does not have drop tanks because I had alredy glued the open flaps into open position and the tanks did not fit any more. The flaps should have been up a few degrees to accomodate the drop tanks as can be seen in 2011.

Pictures:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks for looking and please comment!

Volker

• Like 26

Volker, those are great MiG-17s!  🍻 It's always been a favorite of mine.  Your NMF looks super to me and both models would really grace any display cabinet with their presence.   Well done fer sure!  :clap2:

Volker, I've also built that Hobby Boss kit and if you're interested in another take on an NVAF bird, here she is:

NVAF MiG Ace

Edited by Gary Brantley

Both turned out very well.  Glad you made it to the end, you are a better man than me.   I tossed mine on the shelf of doom.  I'm stuck at the landing gear portion.  No good registration points so who knows where the pieces go.  After their F4F-3 and this Mig 17 I vowed never to build a HB kit again.   Again, they looked good!

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Volker, those are great MiG-17s!  🍻 It's always been a favorite of mine.  Your NMF looks super to me and both models would really grace any display cabinet with their presence.   Well done fer sure!  :clap2:

Volker, I've also built that Hobby Boss kit and if you're interested in another take on an NVAF bird, here she is:

NVAF MiG Ace

Thanks a lot!

I had seen your fantastic Mig before and I´d love to build one with that camo one day. Very attractive!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BlueNosers352nd said:

Both turned out very well.  Glad you made it to the end, you are a better man than me.   I tossed mine on the shelf of doom.  I'm stuck at the landing gear portion.  No good registration points so who knows where the pieces go.  After their F4F-3 and this Mig 17 I vowed never to build a HB kit again.   Again, they looked good!

I am sure you mixed up the right and left gear. Check that, the gear should be directed to the rear. Then it it be a pleasure to finish her. The fit of the model is great, try and you will see.