Dutch Hurricane Mk.II, Hasegawa 1/72

Well if it ain’t Dutch... 🇳🇱

Another model I started several years ago. Now I would take Arma but at that time Hasegawa seemed to be the best. 

I didn’t use any aftermarket details but some Eduard seat belts and Marabu landing lights. The paints are Gunze and the decals are Flevo for the triangles and TallyHO! for the serial.

I hope you like her.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 35

Very nice indeed,...... I`d love to see a photo of a Hurricane being used by the NEI,...... with either the triangle or later flag markings,..... but then everybody was too busy trying to survive at the time. 

Cheers

Tony 

A real masterpiece! Indeed, the NEI and its struggle against the Japanese invaders is unfortunately all too often forgotten. 

This interesting article features a picture of NEI Hurricanes that are seen during transport on a road:

https://thejavagoldblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/25/dutch-hurricanes-too-few-too-late/

However, the distinctive markings of the NEI are not visible in that shot.

Edited by 112 Squadron

Yay, a Dutchie! Nice looking build!

On 11/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, tonyot said:

I`d love to see a photo of a Hurricane being used by the NEI,...... with either the triangle or later flag markings,.....

I believe the triangles were to be replaced with flags some time in the second half of February '42. That is of course if there was time and paint at hand. I only know of the Brewster Buffalo's sporting flags by that time.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:58 PM, Luka said:

I believe the triangles were to be replaced with flags some time in the second half of February '42. That is of course if there was time and paint at hand. I only know of the Brewster Buffalo's sporting flags by that time.

The flags appeared for sure on Martin 139's, Lockheeds, Brewsters and even a P-40E.  So they would have appeared on the Hurricanes, pilots having this aversion to being shot at by their own side....

• Like 1