HP 97 Civil Victor

That would also look good in the late fifties-early sixties Air Chance Air France or Qantas liveries.

I don’t know if it’s the lens/camera that you’ve used or the angles but the rear fuselage seems to taper in quite sharply which I suspect might have caused some unwanted drag (think of the Belfast early on and the big strakes that had to be installed to help there).

Do you think that BOAC would have called it the Victoria of Victorian in service?

18 minutes ago, stever219 said:

That would also look good in the late fifties-early sixties Air Chance Air France or Qantas liveries.

I don’t know if it’s the lens/camera that you’ve used or the angles but the rear fuselage seems to taper in quite sharply which I suspect might have caused some unwanted drag (think of the Belfast early on and the big strakes that had to be installed to help there).

Do you think that BOAC would have called it the Victoria of Victorian in service?

You're absolutely right; the rear fuselage tapers far too sharply but I followed the original drawings.  A good case study for the application of flow control (vortex generators, strakes, etc.) or maybe just design it properly in the first place!  I've always loved the SAS Dragon schemes of the 50s (Caravelles, DC-8s, etc.) but the display model at the Farnborough Air Show was clearly aimed at BOAC, so I went with that.  I've called it Victory, but maybe that would not have been an appropriate post-war choice.

• Like 1

That's a great model and some great whiffery thinking too.  I wonder if it could have been the first supersonic airliner even if only just as the Victor did go bang in a dive.  Need bigger engines no doubt.

5 hours ago, RoyalAircraftEstablishment said:

I've always loved the SAS Dragon schemes of the 50s (Caravelles, DC-8s, etc.) but the display model at the Farnborough Air Show was clearly aimed at BOAC, so I went with that.

That would be a great scheme too, but I'll see you and  raise the post-war Lufthansa scheme as used on the Super Constellatiin and early 707s.😉

• Like 1

That is an amazing model.

As for its potential name, Handley Page aircraft almost always had a name beginning with the letter "H". So it might have been called the Handley Page Heracles II (in homage to the pre-war HP42).