Group build idea?

TonyOD

I'm fairly new round these parts, I have an idea of for GB and just wondered how I'd float it for consideration, see if it's got any legs? I'd be happy to host if it gets anywhere.

9 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I'm fairly new round these parts, I have an idea of for GB and just wondered how I'd float it for consideration, see if it's got any legs? I'd be happy to host if it gets anywhere.

In general you just create a post w/ the topic in GB chat, then keep a list in the first post of interested parties.  Once you hit the prescribed limit (25 for STGB, 30 for normal GBs) ping Enzo to get the subject added to the bunlist roster or que.  Most GBs will have a co-host (or more if it's a big-un), though they really aren't necessary in the preliminary planning stages.

Though with all the pending changes the exact process or limits for getting a GB past the proposition stage and into the build stage may be changing a bit (we'll know more in the next few weeks).

• Thanks 1

Where a lot of people go wrong with proposing a GB is their lack of persistence with it, by that I mean a lot of proposers suggest a subject for a GB and wait for the people to come to them, that does work for some subjects (usually the most obvious ones), but in most cases, the proposer needs to keep pushing it, reminding people it's there and keep getting support.  After all, if you're not enthusiastic about it, why would you expect anyone else to be?

The most persistent will mention their proposal in any thread that they can reasonably get away with, have you heard of the French Fancy 2 GBGo vote for here!  See what I mean?

By keeping the profile up there you bring the GB to people's attention and gain more supporters, hopefully enough to get through the annual bunfight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3