Saunders Roe S.R/A-1 of Planet 1/72

Yowzah! A very nice build of an unusual aircraft! It looks like it was  a good kit, too. I think I have a 1/72 Maintrack vacform  in my inventory- have to look for it. This would make a neat what-if Schneider Trophy participant, but a Convair Sea Dart would have been the winner...that is, it it could make the turns around the pylons! :giggle:

Mike

16 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Yowzah! A very nice build of an unusual aircraft! It looks like it was  a good kit, too. I think I have a 1/72 Maintrack vacform  in my inventory- have to look for it. This would make a neat what-if Schneider Trophy participant, but a Convair Sea Dart would have been the winner...that is, it it could make the turns around the pylons! :giggle:

Mike

Thank you all for the compliments.

About the Sea Dart... yes, another aircraft supposed to operate from sea.... my Sea Dart model (along with many prototype models) can be seen here:

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/proto/protousa.htm#seadart

1 hour ago, meindert said:

my Sea Dart model (along with many prototype models) can be seen here

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/proto/protousa.htm#seadart

I just looked at that link and there is a very nice collection of models. I was amazed to see that you had managed to finish the Pegasus EAP. Congratulations - you are REAL modeller

John

• Like 1

What an incredible model collection! Loved the X-planes. You are as accomplished as you are prolific. I am extremely jealous! You need the MPM X-4 Bantam, and the Special Hobby D558-1 and D558-2, and the Valom XFV-1 to go with the rest your X-plane collection!

Mike