T-60 Gorky Automobile Plant, Miniart 35232 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

Looks great to me Ed , you now have a perfect base to work off mate. Applying whitewash ain't easy Ed but imo you've got it just right 😉 👌 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

Looks great to me Ed , you now have a perfect base to work off mate. Applying whitewash ain't easy Ed but imo you've got it just right 😉 👌 

Thanks Andy mate, now looking forward to doing some detailing on this with pin washes etc to bring out all the details...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Hi folks, a little update, I have now applied the winter white wash, I still have more work to do on this, I still need to add more streaks and some streaking grime to give a better effect. The white wash was applied by first brushing on two coats of MIG scratches effects chipping fluid, then giving a light coat of MIG satin white, followed shortly after by water and a soft brush. I will now add some more white oil paint to areas before sealing with varnish and then doing pin washes.

y4mUYdyDUAGAm9Od24k8IyJOB54MTbmC9bAJlUse

y4m6xomsIN9uWx7vZgFnwuFg8NIAchGUSNrPvvdd

y4m4ClBiDzo3iAQt0lSHgmb8brSRiQnaP94G3Yfm

y4mxUkw4zNSiATb19FY4h_oraACKzxgfU7wTJnL9

Thanks for looking in

Ed

Looking good!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Never tried this method, but you certainly seemed to have nailed it. Nice work.

John.

Thanks John, there seems to be many different ways to do the white wash, I just wanted to try this one, hopefully by the time I finish it will look ok..

As always thanks for looking in and your comments

Ed

• Like 1

Hi there folks , a quick update, slowly coming towards the end of the model, just needing to do  a bit more detail painting and adding bits to the model. I started to look at the exhaust system and I've noticed in my reference book and some photo's on the internet that the exhaust pipe is lined with good old asbestos. Miniart have provided the pipe just plain with no detail which is unusual for them. So I have decided to use masking tape to try to simulate the lining.

y4mweL1QS1H4v667WYssjyMhcfTJE4mVn9t7iPZzy4m4jb0GIu1CqtMWEN1ZX1J1Ha5eKFZZziK9wZyL

As for the rest of the model, I have applied a pin wash on all the little details and have added some streaks using white oil paint and MIG streaking grime. Will still add more weathering once i have the model complete.

y4mxvPhTxMbMstFt_YVupWOWZWa1nkenLzQHujyd

y4m9bwv29v_CktSNg8b8hMw-oMrbY8uUC4-V3ifQ

y4m357IQhenKNRvsHhatIWKNuD5LhWsPsqbns-kX

I have decided that I am going to add snow to the tracks and wheels etc, so I have bought AK Microballoons. I have tried a little test piece by mixing some microballoons with a little watered down pva glue which forms a paste so I should be able to apply via paint brush to the tracks, I hope so anyway, that's the plan. The microballoons will add strength to the tracks as they are a little flimsy and bits have broken off when applying rust tracks.

Before that I am going to add a little Vallejo thick mud to some of the lower parts of the body around the wheel areas and then I intend to add the snow on top.

So that's it for now, I imagine that the next update will be the completed model.

thanks for looking in...

Ed

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice work Ed. It will be interesting to see that lagging with some paint and weathering on it.

John.

Thanks John, hopefully it will be ok, probably need to seal first with varnish I suppose before applying any paint and weathering in case its bleeds through. If it doesn't work I'll do it again..

all the best 

Ed

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Great work Ed you smashed the whitewash mate it looks brilliant 👏 👌 👍 

Thanks Andy, I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out, wasn't sure what to expect to be honest but it seems to have gone ok. Doing the snow should be interesting!

thanks mate

Ed

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks Andy, I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out, wasn't sure what to expect to be honest but it seems to have gone ok. Doing the snow should be interesting!

thanks mate

Ed

You carry on experimenting Ed cus I'm picking up loads of tips for future builds 😉🙂👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robw_uk said:

@edjbartoswhat white paint do you use for the interior? was thinking something slighly off white ("bone white" might be enough off to allow pure white chipping to show through)

Hi Rob, sorry for not replying earlier, I work on Sunday's. For this model I used a light grey colour as a base colour then after adding chipping fluid I used MIG satin white. Bone white against white should be ok as long as there is a definite step in colour between them, if they are too similar you may not notice the difference.

Ed

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Hi Rob, sorry for not replying earlier, I work on Sunday's. For this model I used a light grey colour as a base colour then after adding chipping fluid I used MIG satin white. Bone white against white should be ok as long as there is a definite step in colour between them, if they are too similar you may not notice the difference.

Ed

thats ok Ed, wasn't in a hurry... need some 6k brown for the LAP so was looking at what other paint I needed to get discount for buying in bulk... could do with some colours for interior, egine, ammunition etc I guess

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I have now finished my build for the T-60 tank, here are a few pictures showing views around the model...

y4mDIqTL1_Hbpxzn7RfwDD6YB6NoKFqdIV7ldxcw

y4mKQOo72TCuJTfnsMBuhdydj57UsHbblagl6B3K

y4mwQR4cOZn3UzjqVZ06CzfJht8i78lT9jUvy6KC

y4mESvyZavnC4F_LEqWNwhAes98vRSb8ih9DyjHu

y4mtiR8ihVsZKW86aJzEwxrlx7-B46HSUMiunPDb

y4mCjnXyP0MlYYUfz2zS3TW8D4cm9TOEG2dyL4Pe

y4m9mGM_JPJiiAvXhACRJVf2HoFLc3o-zcEeQxma

y4mhPboJMAI6JMhp_2TJMq-zS5SgGqio4m1PuC1T

As with this type of model, being an interior build, it's always good to show the finished interior as much as possible. To that end I have constructed the model so that I can have panels and hatches removed to view inside the model.

y4mExXLJrQ2n75W1JUGDN-MB9g3WQwd4dMYauwND

y4mPoXN-G5_CHqMupoktRPT0V0VpZguoZ4B3XJrh

Some views showing the interior of the body, with views of the transmission, engine, drivers seat and storage areas etc...

y4m2m3XlFYAszXHdTzLwDUqkwpTw_Rl-Eu9_hF6z

y4mIR3K7bm9isid6hO_9LGZMB14C_RFRS8zEI4j9

y4mNbjxjnyp003xdHks4-FQJaqx3PcLctQAe0Nnz

y4mXN3fSiCk-GX6Neb6O6EUw1nT0uDqZs21EKu9M

y4mpueANiJH-wCLuYFA0O09ARiU95s81sD7AayU6

y4msjsq6aJD-IdE6kOB-KlY84kmOK2RYMbNUbdao

y4mEdsz_QBQUOueXZe0gWUgBPnMsgkmdacMzTddv

A couple of views of the turret internals...

y4mgZ2qcAVRdy9_Zqeg8HejCxaE3cgsyECPH1CBQ

y4mHRBu13WxJmXoBiCviUmW5Oc-fKhM-4SFbHxUs

Some more final views of the tank from a slightly lower position giving a better view of the snow on the tracks and body of the tank. The snow by the way was applied using "AK Snow Microballoons", first I mixed PVA glue 50/50 with water then applied onto the tracks a bit at a time, then just sprinkled on the snow and tapped the excess away. Quite effective I think, will do this again in future builds.

y4mPpGxuWdnvY2ERkrge_eL94is2XwgrB3NiFgaP

y4mEOH8YiPTNyNoWNfAdor4hLmRqloTChJcdH_QV

y4mYjqj6brv-j7HKyqHLTsH8KZTsINkhDUgIBSDd

y4mR69xMSIHVBc4SM_YTVhk7LIQ5oLlnRDdLRSUg

y4mJSqIR-1EyZi5XVUTThR5RAIWz51Z1lQC6wfFB

y4m3WM55JTs6JYeW1YAKN9Suus0GQe-71ieV1DpO

y4mm4MTkb2zb_yOnbNxO6fEWhZn4HcviqzFn0Mky

y4m6f46tPDHnIMV5OEVwb3YoUNGEceUjpFljvl9N

Overall this has been a lovely little project and quite a straight forward build. The only problem I had was with the tracks as I found them quite flimsy and broke up a lot when painting and trying to fit back onto the tank, so that took a while to do. Other than that this I think is an ideal build for anyone who wishes to venture into interior builds, as it's a nice balance, not too much but just enough. I will definitely do more different versions of the T-60 in the future.

That's it, hope you like it, onto the next interior build.....

Thanks to everyone for looking in and to those who have made comments in the past, I've really appreciated that...

all the best

Ed

• Like 5

Fantastic build Ed just superb mate 👌. The whitewash and snow effects look very realistic mate you have knocked this one out of the park....stunning 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Fantastic build Ed just superb mate 👌. The whitewash and snow effects look very realistic mate you have knocked this one out of the park....stunning 🙂👍

Thanks Andy my friend, really appreciate that, I wasn't sure when I started this build what it was going to end up like, but I'm pleased now how it's turned out..

all the best mate 👍

Ed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

Beautiful work here.

I really like the chilly-snowy-wintery overall feel this model gives.

And the snow effects look exceptionally realistic. 

Great job altogether.

Kristjan

Thank you Kristjan, really appreciate you looking in and for all your comments 👍

all the best 

Ed

41 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

Beautiful work here.

I really like the chilly-snowy-wintery overall feel this model gives.

And the snow effects look exceptionally realistic. 

Great job altogether.

Kristjan

Seconded! Definitely a great job 👍

Vytautas

• Thanks 1