T-60 Gorky Automobile Plant, Miniart 35232 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

If you're like me Ed, I expect that you just put this to one side over the Christmas period. I know that mine is on hold for a while. Neat work on the turret. The inside weathering is well done, without being OTT.

Happy new year to you and yours Ed.

John.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, robw_uk said:

I have the TACAM Tank Destroyer version coming soon.... decided it was an unusual version (and was inspired by this build)....

Thanks Rob, I'll look forward to seeing you do the TACAM, that looks such a good version of this tank, loads of lovely detail...

all the best

Ed

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

If you're like me Ed, I expect that you just put this to one side over the Christmas period. I know that mine is on hold for a while. Neat work on the turret. The inside weathering is well done, without being OTT.

Happy new year to you and yours Ed.

John.

Thanks John, appreciate that, this is always a slow time of year for me regarding building, what is worrying me now is the wife is looking at redecorating the back bedroom, (need to get rid of those decorating mags and colour charts!!  🔥  )

all the best

Ed

• Like 2

Hi folks, an update to my T-60, I have now pretty much finished the assembly, I have added the fenders with PE support brackets, exhaust systems , PE panels at the rear and the engine cover. Most of it was pretty straight forward, I have also assembled the tracks but not included in the photo as they are very fragile and will secure them in place with glue once painted. A few photo's to show where I'm at....

y4mb7iXn7BqTEKYO3vSb6PKqEuFiJDc6Npg9nmrv

y4muuDhUjDzsMerQ5M9wGFENXMZK0dfh5n023qDG

y4mGP6QSQzVmCI_maGIrjRCyUCaOHOeXPSM_BMhn

Also just need to add shovel and tow rope and will add when painted later on. Talking about tow rope, in previous Miniart models that I have built, they just supply the tow hooks and expect you to source your own rope. In this case they have included the whole thing, but look at this, you first have to cut through 17 gates to remove the part then hopefully trim and clean without breaking. Sorry not for me, the plastic is too soft, you will end up with lots of tiny parts. Better solution is to make your own rope then glue onto the hooks....

y4mnq5qFO4BJLEQFDdD-CcV8KLUOxjpKUTzQXNZyy4mgmByOnmTt9443LiaNexzbjVfCOqZWcHOSAf4w

So next up is to prime with MIG Oneshot grey primer then paint the base coat with MIG Russian Green 4BO. Then start on the winter white wash. 

That's all for now, thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 8

Great to watch someone at the top of there game Ed that looks fantastic and I have no doubt that this will be another of your stunning builds when finished 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

That's coming together really well Ed, looking forward to seeing more of this one go together and I have a feeling 

that its going to be spectacular mate :thumbsup:

Thank you Dan, I hope so too, it's been a nice little model to put together, now looking forward to applying winter white wash and some snow on the tracks

As always thanks for your kind comments and for looking in

Ed

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Great to watch someone at the top of there game Ed that looks fantastic and I have no doubt that this will be another of your stunning builds when finished 🙂👍

Thanks Andy, I really do hope so, I'm really looking forward to doing the winter white wash now, will be doing some test pieces soon to see which gives me the effect that I want.

As always Andy thanks for looking in mate and commenting

cheers

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I can't believe what they did with that tow rope. It is so 1970's Italeri. Good fix though with how you tackled it.

John.

Thanks John, I like Miniart for the detail that they put into their models but sometimes that's at the expense of making life difficult for the modeller..

thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

Nice and clean build. And a neat PE work.

Plastic tow cables are surprisingly common thing even in modern kits. I tend to replace these as well.

Kristjan 

Hi Kristjan, I agree with you there, even grab handles are so thin that they break up upon cleaning, so as you say they are better replaced as well...

thanks for your comments

Ed

Hi there, a little update, I have now primed both body and turret using MIG one shot grey primer...

y4mHMu7iygJlIEaNnz0iL7gpK1PDBskcMbzrfZje

y4mIxKqRTlmmLC8e8bKem2YmPiA44SOuyUEZpXXN

Then I have put the base coat on using MIG Russian base, it looks a little light in colour at the moment but I will add varnish which will darken it a shade...

y4mxRqKNwYPlqJ5B-HE5u6Y1oIdkykWcfPdsdUsn

y4mo2FKYYvqKG7FOzNP06vkfRUuBw3wa7TVKAKJL

Next up is to add the decals of which there are four, three on the turret and one on the turret hatch. Then i will start to apply the winter white wash. I've get a lot of test pieces ready to try out to see what will give me the effect I want.. hopefully!

thanks for looking

Ed

• Like 8

Hi Ed nicely done sir 👍. Regarding the Mig primer do you spray it straight from the bottle or thin it first 🤔. I'm looking for a water based primer to use as backup if I run low on Mr Surfacer 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks Andy, I find the MIG primer thickens up pretty quick so a drop or two of thinner is good, if using straight out the bottle you need to spray over 20 psi as it's quite thick...

thanks for looking mate

Ed

Thanks Ed and what thinner would you recommend 🙂👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

It seems to work fine with Vallejo Airbrush thinner, I've had no problems with it..

Great Ed thanks for the information much appreciated 👍 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a nice smooth finish that you've got there Ed. Nice work.

John.

Many thanks John, I'm really liking the MIG one shot primer, it does give a nice finish..

thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 2

Hi folks, a little update, I have now applied the winter white wash, I still have more work to do on this, I still need to add more streaks and some streaking grime to give a better effect. The white wash was applied by first brushing on two coats of MIG scratches effects chipping fluid, then giving a light coat of MIG satin white, followed shortly after by water and a soft brush. I will now add some more white oil paint to areas before sealing with varnish and then doing pin washes.

y4mUYdyDUAGAm9Od24k8IyJOB54MTbmC9bAJlUse

y4m6xomsIN9uWx7vZgFnwuFg8NIAchGUSNrPvvdd

y4m4ClBiDzo3iAQt0lSHgmb8brSRiQnaP94G3Yfm

y4mxUkw4zNSiATb19FY4h_oraACKzxgfU7wTJnL9

Thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 11