T-60 Gorky Automobile Plant, Miniart 35232 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

Hi folks, just started on my next build which is the Miniart T-60 late series tank, produced by the Gorky Automobile Plant. This is a Interior kit consisting of 38 sprues, photo etch sheet and decal sheet. This looks like a nice little dinky model with lots of parts giving good detail throughout. There are four variants to choose to build from, the one that i will be doing will be the one shown on the box art which is the Red Army, February-March 1942. I'm going to attempt to do a white washed finish on this, at the moment i think i will use chipping fluid to do this and also use the fluid to chip the interior as well.

The box cover is shown below:

y4mwHqHRDuCAuR_N_7w1cpUOAuP8EKPNBf-M6-Ps

This is the version that i will attempt to do, Red Army, February-March 1942

y4m1WIk8t9DYyL_ISBJLa6b_Jna7-mHWOCKMnzRu

I have started to build the baseplate which is straight forward, 

Views showing the baseplate with painted transmission which is not fixed at the moment as i will remove this so that once the two sides of the base are attached the base can all be painted in one go, then i'll attach the transmission etc. when the base has been weathered.

y4muV5nMpiqENzFORFjYbnERNxt_tUadrmgdN4ghy4mkfY2JrlzkbMjYjjeG9Ge6AVIqoMThAH663BQ0

I have also started to build the GAZ-202 engine, which has lovely detail, i will attempt to add wiring to this soon, then paint all details in. I still need to add exhaust manifold and fan blade, but this will be painted separately and added at the end.

y4mSVwg_Om5Cx2T_c9pSfGA-3GaGONOkmmbshAg8y4mZDh9xL5U1A9kcFCkS-x33879zDcsmUJ0w37fE

As it's an interior build i will attempt to have as many hatches and openings open to give a good view of the interior.

thanks for looking

Ed

• Like 12

12 hours ago, vytautas said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this tank being built!

Vytautas

9 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Another interesting subject Ed, I shall look forward to seeing this one progress.

Wayne

Thank you both, for looking in, i'm looking forward to doing this, a little different from the T-55 but really interesting...

Ed

7 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

After the T-55, I've no doubt that this will be a cracker. Will follow with interest.

John.

Thank you John, No pressure then! 😄   I'm looking forward to doing the winter white wash on this, never done one before so will be interesting to see what happens.

all the best

Ed

• Like 3

another one to follow... I will attack one of my interior kits next year (lined up after I (a) finish the 3 builds I have parked waiting for painting) and (b) build the MiniArt PzIII for the group build).... as always, looking forward to seeing progress

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, robw_uk said:

another one to follow... I will attack one of my interior kits next year (lined up after I (a) finish the 3 builds I have parked waiting for painting) and (b) build the MiniArt PzIII for the group build).... as always, looking forward to seeing progress

Thank you Rob for looking in and for your comments, looking forward to seeing you start an interior build as well...

Ed

Hi there folks just a quick update on this model, managed to do some more work on the engine, have added lead wire and also some copper to the pipework.

y4mS_Tiyo_OfYuz7SbDz22Q0fqfyATN2CGk2eWDV

y4mvOkvRtmfVjIqa0I0Cidm4odCqCSRKkNsDLf3f

Started to build up the sides and rear, just need to add the left hand side and front and will prime the inside and start the weathering process.

y4mWshjnrTll--P5CSCrGQiyLRFBuVB3kJcDuNnr

As always, thanks for looking

Ed

• Like 12

It's nice to see more interior builds here.

Going together nicely so far.

On what are your additional piping based on at the engine? It looks a bit weird but I didn't find any good photos to see how it actually were.

Edited by vaoinas
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vaoinas said:

It's nice to see more interior builds here.

Going together nicely so far.

On what are your additional piping based on at the engine? It looks a bit weird but I didn't find any good photos to see how it actually were.

Thanks Kristjan for your comments, you are right there are very few photo's regarding the engine, i have the Red Machines T-60 book which shows some photo's but like you say are not fully clear and they are shown on the internet anyway, so you may have seen those. The photo's only show the one side. So i have searched on the Miniart site on their completed models which are done by them and there are some photos there, that show the other side so that's what i have used as there is not a lot to go on.    

thanks

Ed

Well, thanks...

I don't know much about the combustion engines, but having a slight idea and having assembled few in scale...

your quite prominent additional pipework doesn't seem just quite logical in my mind, so my question was more that are these pipes just made up or did you have some reference about these?

I REALLY like these kits.  After building the T-55, I think you’ll find this a breeze.  I’m hoping to build the whole series of the Miniart T-60s and am about 1/2way through the ones I’m planning on doing (the gun tanks and a TACAM).  Of course, my modeling “plans” will require that I live to 120 years and still manage to maintain my abilities and eyesight!

You’ll enjoy this one and I’ll be sure to watch-you do a great build log. Two of mine have complete interiors, one, I built with only what would be visible and the third has hatches closed so no interior  (the 2-tone camo one). With no interior built, I finished one in less than a month-lightning fast for me.

50650420878_aaac411141_b.jpg

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, vaoinas said:

Well, thanks...

I don't know much about the combustion engines, but having a slight idea and having assembled few in scale...

your quite prominent additional pipework doesn't seem just quite logical in my mind, so my question was more that are these pipes just made up or did you have some reference about these?

Thanks Kristjan, I used the photo's that i have for the left hand side but used the Miniart site which shows completed models for the the right hand side where i have no photo's. That is all that i have used. Looking at it again i think i am going to remove these, as for one, they look too thick and secondly i suppose i should not add these without proper reference photo's, Thanks for pointing out...

all the best

Ed

4 hours ago, f matthews said:

I REALLY like these kits.  After building the T-55, I think you’ll find this a breeze.  I’m planning to build the whole series of the Miniart T-60s and am about 1/2way through the ones I’m planning in (the gun tanks and a TACAM).  Of course, my modeling “plans” will require that I live to 120 years and still manage to maintain my abilities and eyesight!

You’ll enjoy this one and I’ll be sure to watch-you do a great build log. Two of mine have complete interiors, one, I built with only what would be visible and the third has hatches closed so no interior  (the 2-tone camo one). With no interior built, I finished one in less than a month-lightning fast for me.

50650420878_aaac411141_b.jpg

Thanks very much for your comments, your T-60's look amazing it was what prompted me to do one myself especially the winter white washed one which if i can come close to the finish that you have achieved. i would be very happy indeed.

They all look amazing...

thanks for looking

Ed

• Like 3

A little update, i have now started on the weathering of the inside of the T-60. I've decided to use Mig Scratches effects chipping fluid to help do this. I first started by laying down a coat of AK tracks primer as it has a nice rusty brown colour, and waited for this to cure.

y4mjXewMI4IGVoWexSJ5hI5biVzIsYtjkOUDAQjn

I then added a coat of chipping fluid and after 5 minutes added a coat of light gray paint. After another 5 minutes i then used a stiff brush and some water and slowly started to reactivate the chipping fluid.

y4mvaI54A3FA9MjYn9Rjt2c1eiAfghRJDgGIqcIX

After a few minutes when dry I then added a further coat of chipping fluid followed by a coat of white paint after 5 minutes. Then again i reactivated the chipping fluid to bring out both the grey and the brown underneath.

y4ma3AKzjmhr4zlTUgYROhji_-BTpkGs2VARbNGQ

I shall wait for this to properly dry out then give a coat of varnish to seal everything then start on washes, pin washes, and rust etc and then detailing.

thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 11

On 30/11/2020 at 11:27, edjbartos said:

A little update, i have now started on the weathering of the inside of the T-60. I've decided to use Mig Scratches effects chipping fluid to help do this. I first started by laying down a coat of AK tracks primer as it has a nice rusty brown colour, and waited for this to cure.

y4mjXewMI4IGVoWexSJ5hI5biVzIsYtjkOUDAQjn

I then added a coat of chipping fluid and after 5 minutes added a coat of light gray paint. After another 5 minutes i then used a stiff brush and some water and slowly started to reactivate the chipping fluid.

y4mvaI54A3FA9MjYn9Rjt2c1eiAfghRJDgGIqcIX

After a few minutes when dry I then added a further coat of chipping fluid followed by a coat of white paint after 5 minutes. Then again i reactivated the chipping fluid to bring out both the grey and the brown underneath.

y4ma3AKzjmhr4zlTUgYROhji_-BTpkGs2VARbNGQ

I shall wait for this to properly dry out then give a coat of varnish to seal everything then start on washes, pin washes, and rust etc and then detailing.

thanks for looking in

Ed

The chipping fluid works great Ed 👍. Im going to try a combination of the fluid and the washable white camo on the Sherman not sure what it will look like but should be fun if nothing else 😉👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

The chipping fluid works great Ed 👍. Im going to try a combination of the fluid and the washable white camo on the Sherman not sure what it will look like but should be fun if nothing else 😉👍

Not really done this before, but i’m happy with the way it looks at the moment, i can build on this with other processes. I’m looking forward to seeing your Sherman, it’s always good to try something new.

all the best 

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diablo rsv said:

That wear looks really good Ed. How do you find the chipping fluid in comparison to the old hairspray technique?

Thanks Wayne really appreciate your comments, i’ve never done hairspray technique so can’t compare. This is the first time I’ve used the chipping fluid, just done a quick practice on a spare part and that was it.

I need to try hairspray technique and see how it compares, just need to pinch the wifes when she’s out and have a blast😀

cheers

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks Wayne really appreciate your comments, i’ve never done hairspray technique so can’t compare. This is the first time I’ve used the chipping fluid, just done a quick practice on a spare part and that was it.

I need to try hairspray technique and see how it compares, just need to pinch the wifes when she’s out and have a blast😀

cheers

Ed

Hairspray can be tricky if too much is sprayed on as that results in a sort of gooey mixture of use to neither man nor beast

Also, be careful with the wife's hairspray, you might get blasted instead of having a blast. 

• Haha 1