Zvezda 2021 catalogue - programme

Homebee

The Zvezda 2021 catalogue is downloadable here:

https://vk.com/doc6108131_578170851?hash=b62de4a6f84263e904

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits/posts/2873272306108888

New Year so not so far, so it`s time to tell you some news about our plans for 2021 year!

Look for news, this week we will show a lot of interesting! 

Now it`s time to begin our story about 2021 plans :) First of all - catalog cover! We gonna make Project 22220 icebreaker "Arktika" kit in 1/350 scale! And it won't not the only one naval kit in 2021!

20201124-150850.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

The great thing with Zvezda is who would have predicted a 72nd C-130 from them and it's high quality, so what in 2021?, who the hell knows but whatever it is it will be great and affordable, best model company out there at the moment if you ask me .

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gavingav said:

The great thing with Zvezda is who would have predicted a 72nd C-130 from them and it's high quality, so what in 2021?, who the hell knows but whatever it is it will be great and affordable, best model company out there at the moment if you ask me .

I would tend to agree with this assessment. If you balance quality of the product with value for money I don't think one could do better. I know that Eduard, Kinetic, and Tamiya are hot on their heels but Zvedza have produced two of the kits that have been on my 'wanted' list for years, with their high quality 1:48 Mil Mi-24 Hind and the truly sublime 1:72 C-130 Hercules. I know the former has received some criticism in certain quarters for its apparent lack of detail in areas (mainly the cockpit) but it is accurate and a great starting point for those wanting more. The C-130 is in another league altogether and apart from the minor error with the RAF style beaver tail, is superb and has to be a contender for Kit of the Year, so I am really looking forward to seeing what they have in store for 2021.....it also helps that I live in Estonia where I can get the kits at a very reasonable price too.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Thompson said:

The voices in my head tell me that there will be a 1/72 Yak-9D in their easy-to-build, no-glue-required series. Or maybe a Yak-9T. Or an I-16 type 5. Absolutely barking mad...

John

YES PLEASE !

Wulfman

5 hours ago, John Thompson said:

The voices in my head tell me that there will be a 1/72 Yak-9D in their easy-to-build, no-glue-required series. Or maybe a Yak-9T. Or an I-16 type 5. Absolutely barking mad...

John

Yak-9 D or T?

Of course not!  Only the first Soviet bomber KOMTA

Komta.jpg

in 1/24 or even 1/16 scale should be made Zvezda  in 2021! 😉😁😁

"In January 1921, in the workshops of the Aircraft Division, the manufacture of aircraft parts and components began, after which they were shipped to Moscow for assembly at the Aviarabotnik plant.  In March 1922, the aircraft was ready for testing."

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/КОМТА

100 years anniversary by the way!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, misterblank said:

1/144 757 for me please.

yep, same here. i hope that they finally listen to all those airliner modellers out there...allthough i guess i know the answer already 😞

Edited by RCI
  • Like 2

Whatever they release will be well received due to quality/price ratio, but without skimping on detail in 1/48 as of 2020 ( Mi-24 and Su-57 ),

detailed and affordable was key to Zvezda success, hope they will return to level of detail found on Pe-2 and before.

With in house tooling development and thus far lower costs, cannot understand why we still don't have Su-25, Ka-52 and Mi-28, not to mention Mi-8/17 family,

Hercules showing that big does sell if properly priced, would not mind to see more classic jets B707, B727, Caravelle, Comet etc...

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Wulfman said:

1/72, perm any two from ten :-

Yak-9, Yak-7, La-9, La-11, Lagg-3, IL-28, P-39, Pe-3, I-16, Fw-190A6.

Wulfman 😬🤔😳

Excellent suggestions, especially the Yaks, the Las/LaGGs, and the I-16!!!  :thumbsup:

(We could use a new I-16, or even a series of them, that gets the fuselage and cowling right - as good as the ICM and even the Amodel I-16 kits are, both of them are too chubby in plan view, resulting in a cowling that lacks the taper of the original aircraft. The only kit that gets this right is the Amodel UTI-4, but converting it to an I-16 is painful - yes, ask me how I know...)

John

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I guess  the ice breaker on the cover is a sample of what were going to get. Not bad! I hope it's in

1/200th scale, but more likely in

1/350th scale. 

Edited by B.sin
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, B.sin said:

Well, I guess  the ice breaker on the cover is a sample of what were going to get. Not bad! I hope it's in

1/200th scale, but more likely in

1/350th scale. 

It does say 1/350 in the writing above the photo. Let's hope for other interesting 1/350 projects.

• Like 1

1/144 757 for me please.

>yep, same here. i hope that they finally listen to all those airliner modellers out >there...allthough i guess i know the answer already 

Yes I am ready to have my heart broken again.  I understand that a couple of their designers actually produced CADs for the 757 as a side project but Zvezda still doesn’t kit it up.  I can’t be mad at Zvezda though, their airliner kits are absolutely sublime!

Best regards....Duncan

• Like 1