Zvezda 2021 catalogue - programme

Homebee

12 minutes ago, B.sin said:

So, thats it? No new 1/48th scale 

aircraft?

I think this is just the 1/144 part of the catalogue, 72, 48 etc to follow.                              Anyway proven right with the a350-900, and a new tool easily available 757 is not to sniffed at, probably will get one myself to attempt to do in Landor colours though I may risk the Icelandair markings given the only time I’ve flown on a 757 was with then                         

• Like 1

Hmm ... a dilemma.

I'll be in for about half a dozen Zvezda 757s when they hit the shops but right now I have a PAS 757-200 about 40% complete. It hasn't been a particularly enjoyable experience with some very poor fit and a few other problems. Do I carry on or do I put it in the loft and await the fulfilment of every airliner modeller's dream?  Decisions, decisions .... :hmmm:

Will the A350-900 be a new tool or a rebox of the Revell kit? The 757-200 is most definitely welcome! Can't wait to see what  they have in store for 1/48 scale enthusiasts.

3 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Will the A350-900 be a new tool or a rebox of the Revell kit? The 757-200 is most definitely welcome! Can't wait to see what  they have in store for 1/48 scale enthusiasts.

That is the question, be interesting to see if it’s their 1000 kit with a new tool fuselage, the 1000 with Revells fuselage or even the entire Revell 900.....

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

That is the question, be interesting to see if it’s their 1000 kit with a new tool fuselage, the 1000 with Revells fuselage or even the entire Revell 900.....

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but the -1000 has a different wing so swapping fuselages wouldn't work. I wouldn't be surprised if the Revell kit is reboxed but would be happier to see Zvezda do their own A350-900 as their -1000 is said to be awesome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but the -1000 has a different wing so swapping fuselages wouldn't work. I wouldn't be surprised if the Revell kit is reboxed but would be happier to see Zvezda do their own A350-900 as their -1000 is said to be awesome.

I stand corrected, had no idea the wing is extended, never seen a 1000 close enough to see

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 71chally said:

Love 757s and Zvezda kits,I just wish the 757 was in 72nd scale though as it's not a particularly large aircraft.

I agree and can I add a 727-200 as well?

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 12:11 AM, zebra said:

(...) and to fill a couple of gaps in the MiG-29 line-up - we don’t have a 1/72 MiG-29K or MiG-35

How about the baseline 9.12 and 9.51 UB first (as well as a vanilla Su-27)?

34 minutes ago, Hook said:

How about the baseline 9.12 and 9.51 UB first (as well as a vanilla Su-27)?

I'd love to see new tools from Zvezda for those three but at least there are kits of them already - there's nothing for the MiG-35

11 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Hm... wingspan is the same, and general flap, slat, spoiler arrangement looks identical too...

1 hour ago, Ka-Efka said:

Hm... wingspan is the same, and general flap, slat, spoiler arrangement looks identical too...

From Wiki "The A350-1000 has an 11-frame stretch over the −900 and a slightly larger wing than the −800/900 models with trailing-edge extension increasing its area by 4%. This will extend the high-lift devices and the ailerons, making the chord bigger by around 400 mm, optimising flap lift performance as well as cruise performance"

And airbus themselves say the 1000 has modified trailing edge of the wing 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Revell kit is reboxed but would be happier to see Zvezda do their own A350-900 as their -1000 is said to be awesome.

The Revell 900 is definitely superior to the Zvezda 1000. The Zvezda kit is good but rather bland and missing detail that is on the Revell kit.