SAAB 29 Tunnan x2

Orso

29e_00.JPG

After J 28 comes J 29. Lets start on that as well.

29e_01.JPG

I was going for an out of the box build but then I started to scribe the raised panel lines.

29e_02.JPG

It was a rather quick job getting something that look like an aircraft.

29e_03.JPG

In a box I found an etch set from Maestro that I decided to use.

29e-f.JPG

In another box I found a J 29F that I started in the Nordic GB and never finished. I will restart on it now but it will not count in the GB.

29c_01.JPG

I needed to find the remaining parts for the old build an to my surprise I found a complete kit in the box so I thought that I could just as well build it as well.

It will be the photo recce S 29C.

29c_02.JPG

I had a second set of etch and will use it  here. Now I have to read up on the Tunnan. I was thinking of make this as an early machine without the "saw tooth" wings so I need to figure out some things about them.

• Like 5

Well, why not build 2 for the price of 1 🙂 

Good luck with your builds. I looked up what "tunnan" actually means and yes it is an appropriate name for this aircraft isn't it? It could have been called "beached whale" as well but that probably doesn't sound very cool in Swedish 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Orso said:

I had a second set of etch and will use it  here. Now I have to read up on the Tunnan. I was thinking of make this as an early machine without the "saw tooth" wings so I need to figure out some things about them.

There's a nice article on the J29 in la Vitrine du Maquettiste no. 13 - lmk if it will be any use to you.

Thanks for the offer. I t would of course be interesting to see it but I don't read French. I have three or four books on the Tunnan so I think it is covered.

29c_03.JPG

I started by cutting the wings before assembling them.

29c_04.JPG

After gluing them together and mounted on the fuselage we got this. Right now I'm trying the get the sight for the camera that goes to the left side of the front .

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...