064 La Reale - COMPLETE

Dean Whiston

Ok the compressor needs a part ☹️ - as a result the Vivastella & the Arado are on hold so rather than lose a week I’m starting build no. 4 😁

064 La Réale 1/450

spacer.png

£5 whim purchase off eBay - been a long time since i built a ship so let’s see how this one goes

• Like 8

Well was going build this out of the box ..........

It’s just that  I kept looking at the overly thick railings / missing railing and thought I could just do a bit of a tweak .......

so plastic rod at the ready I’ve replaced the solid stuff and added the missing bits ........... 

much better; now what other improvements can I make 🤪

spacer.png

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Have you started on the crew members yet, not sure how many to an oar, might be worth watching Ben Hur on Netflix's :wink:

Cheers Pat 

Don’t I had to stop myself; I’d already worked out figures would be around 4mm and dug out references for the 1690’s french uniforms ............. 😳

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Whiston said:

I have been for a while and I fear beyond redemption - I used to get similar comments for painting lace on 6mmwargames figures and adding masts etc to 1/3000 scale ships 🥴

On behalf of the more mature Britmodellers I'm blooming jealous of your eyesight  !

Good luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

Ok finally got some “not” decorating time so have moved this one on a bit as I’d not got enough time to get the airbrush out (fingers crossed for a window at the weekend 🤞)

spacer.png
spacer.png

Main hull colours done along with the deck - next is gold ...... lots of gold 🤪

only managed to break 1 oar in the process which I’ll re attach once I’m ready to paint them (post gold)

• Like 6

I’ve managed to grab the odd half hour here and there on this around decorating 🙂

the hull is now almost done (great “fun” doing the gold dot pattern on the sides) - fore castle and stern decorations added and ready for yet more gold.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Masts and sails next (filling some very obvious ejection marks first!)

• Like 6

Ok little bit more done - hull now complete just the mast / sails / rigging to go

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Hopefully I’ll get chance in between decorating to get this ( and the bathroom) finished before Christmas and then I can focus on getting the Vivastella & Arado done before the gb closes🤞

• Like 6

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

do you mind telling me what paint you used for the wood effect on the decks please ?

All acrylics - White undercoat followed by a slightly translucent coat of an old citadel colour snakebite leather then heavy streaking  with army painter desert yellow followed by a lighter streaking with army painter skeleton bone - not sure what these would be in real world colours 😳

• Thanks 1

• Dean Whiston changed the title to 064 La Reale - COMPLETE