Fokker D.VII x3 - Eduard 1/72

hadzi

I just finished my covid 38-40. The EDUARD's kit is very nice and better to build then RODEN's.
I will built in future additional 2 Polish and one Finnish Fokker. I have 4 RODEN's kit too and meyby finish it some days in German WW1 markings - who know's. :oops:
"Bi Ba Bo" flown by Adam Haber-Włyński civilian instructor in Flying School at Ławica air base next to Poznan 1920, after that servet at 15 Fighter Squadron in Polish - Bolshevik War 1919-21
IMG-9140.jpg
IMG-9142.jpg
IMG-9143.jpg
IMG-9144.jpg
"Memento mori" - 13 Fighter Squadron Polish - Bolshevik war 1920.
IMG-9145.jpg
IMG-9146.jpg
IMG-9147.jpg
IMG-9148.jpg
Flying school in Bydgoszcz 1922-25 - plane is disarmed as a training aircraft
IMG-9149.jpg
IMG-9150.jpg
IMG-9151.jpg

• Like 32

• Mike changed the title to Fokker D.VII x3 - Eduard 1/72

Beautifully done!  I have built 2 of Roden's 1/48 Fokker D.VII and the plastic was great with only the decals being a problem.  It is possible the same is true for 1/72 so they might be salvaged with aftermarket but I assume you need aftermarket decals for these build anyway as they are quite unique.  Best of luck and I am looking forward to your next installment.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Harold55 said:

Beautifully done!  I have built 2 of Roden's 1/48 Fokker D.VII and the plastic was great with only the decals being a problem.  It is possible the same is true for 1/72 so they might be salvaged with aftermarket but I assume you need aftermarket decals for these build anyway as they are quite unique.  Best of luck and I am looking forward to your next installment.

Rodens 1/48 Fokker is much better than the one in 1/72. I also built a Fokker D.VII from Roden in 1/48 (Degelov), as well as started with the 1/72 kits and gave up for now.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful bipes, all of them, with almost unbelievable detail for a 1:72nd model!

Is that some sort of 'fabric weave' visible on the lozenge decals? If so, the decal maker must be remarkably ill informed, since even if you keep your nose inches away from a doped fabric covered 'scale 1:1' surface will you see any weave pattern… 😉

Marvellous modelling, though!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful bipes, all of them, with almost unbelievable detail for a 1:72nd model!

Is that some sort of 'fabric weave' visible on the lozenge decals? If so, the decal maker must be remarkably ill informed, since even if you keep your nose inches away from a doped fabric covered 'scale 1:1' surface will you see any weave pattern… 😉

Marvellous modelling, though!

Kind regards,

Joachim

You are right it is the so. I saw a 1: 1 lozenge at the Berliner Technik Museum, something was visible there.😉

Any idea what the Bi Ba Bo character is? I have been trying to find out for years. Someone told me he was the Polish 'Homer Simpson' but the Bi Ba Bo cabarets seem to have been a Russian Empire thing, not just Łódź. The name can still be found in Russia and the Baltic states, -  picture houses, ten pin bowling alleys, night clubs. There was a company in Moscow that sold Bi Ba Bo glove puppets for children but the website is not there now. The Bi Ba Bo character was a white bear but I have seen photographs of Bi Ba Bo casts which have a woman in a white dress and and red cloak. I need a historian who is an expert on the history of Łódź.

1 hour ago, 303sqn said:

Any idea what the Bi Ba Bo character is? I have been trying to find out for years. Someone told me he was the Polish 'Homer Simpson' but the Bi Ba Bo cabarets seem to have been a Russian Empire thing, not just Łódź. The name can still be found in Russia and the Baltic states, -  picture houses, ten pin bowling alleys, night clubs. There was a company in Moscow that sold Bi Ba Bo glove puppets for children but the website is not there now. The Bi Ba Bo character was a white bear but I have seen photographs of Bi Ba Bo casts which have a woman in a white dress and and red cloak. I need a historian who is an expert on the history of Łódź.

Poland was from 24.X.1795 to Oktober 1918 Poland was divaidet betwen Russian Empire, Prussia and Austro-Hungarian Empire. Adam Haber-Wlynski lived in the Russian Ocupated Part of Poland and got pilot licence 1910 in France by Farman, after that he flouw on air shows in Russia and worked as company test pilot for DUX in Moscow. So he knowed the "Bi Ba Bo" puppets, cabarets, etc. and this figure on his plane resultated from. Most of Polish pilots in Great War served in Russia and Austro-Hungarian Empire, only few in Prussia/Germany.