Land Rover Defender 2020 (Lego Technic)

activexp

spacer.png

As this kit has over 2500 parts and a 495 page manual which is divided 860 steps, I'm not going to do a full WIP, more of a summary. The build is divided into  4 sections, 1 and 2 for the chassis and 3 and 4 for bodywork and accessories. The instructions need careful study in places as it's not always obvious where some things go or which of the numerous gear wheels is called for.

I've already completed sections 1 and 2 and found I'm short of 4 parts, 2 small pegs and 2 bits which make up the rear headrests. Nothing major.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Looking good! In case you were wondering, and before you go too far along, my brother in law discovered it was entirely possible to build it in RHD UK form, just by flipping various assemblies symmetrically right for left and vice versa...

best,

M.

Thanks M. Never gave it much thought about RHD but I now see how it can be done.  I feel I'm a little too far on to change it now.

G'day y'all,

Section 3 completed, roof, doors, tailgate and no missing parts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Back soon with the final part of the build. As you can see from the pics I'm a highly skilled Lego builder and can even manage to get the stickers on straight(ish) :)

• Like 3

I think Lego are actually extremely good at making sure there are no missing parts: in my experience there are usually a few extra teeny bits left over, more to make sure that if YOU lose one, you're covered rather than indicating a lack of confidence in their QA...

best,

M.

• Like 1