Revell Tornado GR4 - 1/48

stevemk1

Hi

I started this one during the Shark Mouth GB last year, but got to the part of trying to sort out the intakes an it ended up back in the box. In fact, until last weekend for various reasons I hadn't done any modelling since then. I am determined to get my mojo back and to get this one finished this time.

Initial pictures from last time are here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235057782-revell-148-tornado-gr-4-zg750-pinky/

Hopefully I'll have some progress to show in the next day or two. This one is intended to be ZG750 in the desert pink scheme.

Steve

When I gave up on this last summer, the cockpit was done, but the intakes wound me up (even the photo of the finished model on the front of the instructions has badly fitting intakes). I've had another go this weekend and they are starting to get there now. 

I've also spent quite a bit of time trying to get the flaps, slats, spoilers, and airbrakes to all sit nicely in the retracted positions. It definitely feels like the kit was designed to be displayed with them all out, even though options are included for both. I've also now got the nose on with as much metal inside as I can manage (the instructions ask for 40g), and the IFR probe. 

More filler is needed at various points, but after a couple of afternoon's work, I'm glad this is finally starting to move forward, so thanks to the KUTA GB!

I've been trying out Mr Surfacer and Mr Dissolved Putty for the first time this weekend, and I like the swipe away process, rather than just standing. I need to add more filler, particularly around the nose join, and the airbrakes, but that will have to wait for another day now.

48259923291_92a11cbb86_z.jpg

48259994797_ff41a3823c_z.jpg

50634183673_7532a5e937_z.jpg

Thanks for looking

Steve

• Like 3