New tool Gloster Javelin in 1/72?

OutcastJoel

On 11/22/2020 at 3:08 PM, Work In Progress said:

Quite likely someone who is not longer in a position to make such decisions

On 11/22/2020 at 5:24 PM, Des said:

Regarding the Swift I seem to recall talk about there having been some damage caused to the moulds during the production run which limited availability and therefore sales of the kit , as a subject it would seem neither more nor less obscure than some other Airfix postwar British aircraft although if my recollection about the damage is correct maybe not a subject that would merit doubling the costs and creating a new set of moulds for.

"some damage caused to the moulds"

& "someone who is not longer in a position to make such decisions"

🤔

Are these events related to each other?

Could the meeting of very respect shareholders

bricktop.jpg

, not seeing profit, 😁simply hit "someone who is not longer in a position to make such decisions"

with a moulds

on Swift, as a result of which we have a

"some damage caused to the moulds"

and a broken  

117315116738d5542332375604752d2a5f261bad

"someone who is not longer in a position to make such decisions"!

😉😁

By the way, for my part, I did everything possible to save Swift - I bought two Swift!

😎

On 11/26/2020 at 1:56 PM, Graham Boak said:

However there has long (tediously long) been a campaign by supporters of the American scale for more 1/48 kits in the UK, sometimes using ill-informed insults such as "modellers use 1/48, 1/72 is for children and beginners".  There are more 1/48 kits available than there used to be, and I suspect that in terms of current production choice the two scales are about even.  But 1/72 wins hands down on variety.  

😁

Don't worry comrade, when modelling 72nd scale communism wins all over the planet, we will send all these agents of world 48 scale imperialism to the modelling GULAG, where we will force them to produce highly detailed aftermarket set (cockpit  interiors, wheel bay) for a scale of 1: 144, from Siberian pine😁, with a hand-held chainsaw!

Do You think the rate of production of 50 sets at 1: 144 per day will be enough to re-educate them from 48th to 72nd scale or should we set 100?

Of course, we will send to the modelling GULAG only on the basis of the decision of a special troika of 72nd scale members of Britmodeller, everything must be legal!

😁😁

On 11/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Neil Lambess said:

... but a new Javelin , Venom and Sea Vixen must be on somebody's lists somewhere

If it were not for the pandemic, then one model from this list we could see on sale this month, but due to uncertainty in sales and local lockdowns, its completion dates are constantly being pushed back.

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

If it were not for the pandemic, then one model from this list we could see on sale this month, but due to uncertainty in sales and local lockdowns, its completion dates are constantly being pushed back.

Hi Serge,

very intriguing :) is that what voices from Ukrainian kitmakers world tell you? Mikromir? ClearProp? 🤔

Mikromir is releasing AW.52 in plastic! If that pays-off - Javelin or Venom or Sea Vixen can definitely make them rich!

Edited by Dennis_C

Hi, Dennis!

45 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

Mikromir? ClearProp? 🤔

As far as I know - not, but developments tend to migrate and sometimes the model expected from one firm comes out from another.  This is rare, but it happens, so I will not be categorical in my statements.

49 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

If that pays-off - Javelin or Venom or Sea Vixen

Sorry, without comments.

49 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

can definitely make them rich!

I tell them the same thing!

😁😎

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Swift mould damage was early in production (and delayed the main release for some months). It was fixed (and related to the slide (?) mould section for the upper fuselage

Related to the ejection pins, as I recall. Even after the problem was "fixed" there were kits released with scars from the ejection pins on the upper fuselage. My one example has such defects, but in this case they are not so bad that they can't be easily repaired.

I'd buy a 1/72 Javelin, but I've a fondness for the 1950s aircraft.

WRT the discussion over scales, I'm convinced of the validity of what I call the Rule of 250 - that a model must fit onto a rectangle of 250 square inches.  About 16" x 16".  Smaller is a bit better.  This means that 1/48 is good for Second World War single-engine airplanes and twins, and for first and second generation jet fighters.  Once you get to the third generation jets (Phantoms and such), 1/48 is too big.  There's no place to PUT the model.