'Autumn Round Up - Market Garden 1944'

Just finished this at last!  Sherman Firefly of the Grenadier Guards 'somewhere in south Holland' taking a break during Operation Market Garden, while they watch the infantry round up the stragglers from the ruined 20mm AA gun crew. The gun has slipped into a crater on the canal bank, and a young Dutch boy looks on. Ryefield Sherman tank, figures from Panzer Art, Alpine, Tamiya (with resin heads), Stalingrad and ReedOak.  The house and surrounds are scratch built and the canal is resin with a small amount of green paint added.  Painted using mostly AK and Tamiya paints and weathering products. Hope you like it :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Matt P
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Excellent diorama and figure painting work, the stand out features are the expressions of the two Germans looking towards the British troops: the older prisoner looks tired and beaten but his younger compatriot still has an air of youthful arrogance: can't help thinking his school friends christened hm "Big Ears" though.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ijs302 said:

nice diorama great figure work how did you make the glasses on the older german figure. imho the only thing i would do is dirty there boots a bit unless theres an rsm lurking around the corner 

Thank you. The glasses are photoetch provided with the figure from Stalingrad miniatures. One of the fiddliest pieces of PE I have ever used!

I have yet to fix the figures down permanently, so will definitely be giving their boots a bit of mud and dirt once the glue dries :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...