Trumpter RA5C Vigilante

neil5208

Tail planes and most of the undercarriage in place and did some oil stains on the underside.

o8Vf1Ico_o.jpg

MCo4mgnl_o.jpg

YbMvALx5_o.jpg

a7Tpj3r2_o.jpg

Pitot tube and the last of the undercarriage has been painted, just needs the Flory wash and then it just the flat coat to go.

• Like 10

May I ask what was your conclusion about the air intakes’ lack of ducting inside the fuselage? I have one of these in the stash and have been wondering how visible this would actually be…

In the meanwhile, all the best bringing this one to completion - looking quite good so far!

Didier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HPoirot said:

May I ask what was your conclusion about the air intakes’ lack of ducting inside the fuselage? I have one of these in the stash and have been wondering how visible this would actually be…

In the meanwhile, all the best bringing this one to completion - looking quite good so far!

Didier 

Will take pictures from front so you can see soon

If I see this one on a contest table, the first thing in mind is that something is wrong with the gray color on the camo. But this gives a totally different perspective. Did you spray freehand or did you use masks/ blue tack? I like the feathered effect on spraying. I am not aware if this camouflage had suffered much weathering, so the colors started to blend under the South East Asian sun and rain.

My observation goes for the underside as well, since this is a rather big beast with short distance from the ground.

Keep going.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 16/11/2023 at 19:44, neil5208 said:

Vigilante is complete, RFI is below and for HPoriot her's a picyure of the intake, even without the intake you can't see much beyond 1"

An excellent job, well done! 👏

And many thanks for the picture of the assembled intake. 👍 At normal viewing distance, not much to worry about indeed.

• Like 1