Hawker Hurricane Mk I and Mk IIc 1/72 Arma Hobby

Hello all,

let me present a recent builds of Arma Hobby´s Hurricanes. The first one is a Hurricane in Portugal colours and it was really a pleasant OOB build. The second one is a most successful Hurricane of 310 Czechoslovak squadron during the BoB with 6 kills claimed by several pilots. The kit is also a part of small group build with my friends dedicated to Bob adversary. I hope you like it. If you are interested in a bit more details and photos, I would appreciate your visit there on my blog http://72insight.com/en/hawker-hurricane-mk-i-and-mk-iic-1-72-arma-hobby/

Here on the blog you can also find another BoB Hurricane build by my friend Vladimir Kafka.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

addition of example picture due to the some troubles

spacer.png

Edited by David Koktavý
Trouble with pictures showing
  • Like 55

Nice to see these.  Glad I am not the only one who had problems with the Arma Mk.1 kit!    Also good to know the Mk.11C kit is better. Will reconsider building the one I have.  Incidentally, for those who were unaware, a number of retired Portuguese Hurricanes flew back to the UK for filming. They appeared in Angels One Five.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all for comments.

18 hours ago, Paul J said:

Nice to see these.  Glad I am not the only one who had problems with the Arma Mk.1 kit!    Also good to know the Mk.11C kit is better. Will reconsider building the one I have.  Incidentally, for those who were unaware, a number of retired Portuguese Hurricanes flew back to the UK for filming. They appeared in Angels One Five.

Well, despite some imperfections I still consider the Mk I kit on the top and better than many others kits and brands.

Edited by David Koktavý
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi all, thanks to all for your comments,

16 hours ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

Stunning! I hope to do a Portuguese bird too. Would you mind telling me what colour you used on the spinner?

Unfortunately I can not remember exact formula as I have used some remainder green colour from other builds which I mixed with the new fresh colours to get right tint.  What I can generally say is, it was Tamiya mix of green XF-5 as base with addition blue X14, white, yellow XF-3.

• Thanks 1