I loved this the moment I saw the Box-ART. This is the Box-Art of the kit

spacer.png

Little artistic License with this Photo-color

spacer.png

Painted in Gunze Grey and Alclad Metal colors

spacer.png

Added Some Photo-Etch Hatch Wheel and some MV Lenses

spacer.png

A little Challenge to build .but nothing Horrible. Raised rivets replaced with Archer Rivet Decals.

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking

Comments Always Welcome

Cheers

Bill D

• Like 36

When I saw an inbox of this kit somewhere, I was not impressed with the quality. but you achieved very nice results.

What paint did you use on the "chromed" parts - especially the ladder and upper hatch?

5 hours ago, Fixer said:

When I saw an inbox of this kit somewhere, I was not impressed with the quality. but you achieved very nice results.

What paint did you use on the "chromed" parts - especially the ladder and upper hatch?

Thank You

I used Alclad Chrome over Gloss Black. I used Alclad Stainless over Gloss Black for the Front Grill and Uschi powder Chrome top buff up the Grill lines.

Thanks Again 

Bill

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Looking good! I've just had one delivered today and hope to start it tomorrow. It's had a good soapy wash and clear water rinse, so ready to go!

On 3/14/2022 at 6:39 PM, PatW said:

Looking good! I've just had one delivered today and hope to start it tomorrow. It's had a good soapy wash and clear water rinse, so ready to go!

Be aware the clear parts are quite a challenge for fit.

Cheers

Bill

3 hours ago, Wdedig said:

Be aware the clear parts are quite a challenge for fit.

Cheers

Bill

Thanks Bill for the heads-up.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

Excellent work on this, the paint looks suitably shiny and retro. I like the design, like it came straight from a 1930's Detroit World Fair or something similar.

Thank You Very Much

• 1 month later...

Update I've failed Bill! I couldn't get the interior to fit and glue the two haves of the fuselage together so I shaved down the edges of the interior floor sides etc. No it still doesn't fit! So I glued the two halves of the fuselage fitted everything except the side windows as they were too big. I should have tried to fit them inside (but the instructions said outside)  or used a thinner strip of clear plastic to cover all each side as one. The windscreen took a lot of shaving down but finally fitted. I've painted it matt light grey and added the decals, but it looks bad, so no pictures