Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair

3 minutes ago, noelh said:

Excellent classic early model F4U. I make no secret that the Corsair is a favourite of mine and that does it full justice. Just enough weathering too. 

Nice one. 

Thank you!

Just now, Pete in a shed said:

Excellent overall weathering, very realistic. I especially like the leaky panel in front of the cockpit.

Pete

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete in a shed said:

Excellent overall weathering, very realistic. I especially like the leaky panel in front of the cockpit.

Pete

Fully agree!

5 hours ago, Nikola Topalov said:

Fantastic build of one of my favourite WWII birds. Brilliant color modulation and weathering! I love it! 

Do you by any chance have a work in progress thread? 

Thanks for sharing. 

Best, 

Nikola

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't record much(read, almost nothing) during my builds. But, if it helps, I've followed this sequence: black primer basing, then dual layer chipping  (check Doogsmodels site out, the guy is a master) using yellow zinc chromate paint. After that, always lightly sanding after each layer, applied the main colors(freehand). Decals, some post shading to clear some areas and washing with Flory Models products. Finally, weathering with oils and pastels, trying to be as real as possible, that is, avoiding simetry and excess. To seal everything, the final matt varnish. All paints used were Aqueous Gunze.

6 hours ago, Sharknose said:

I'm starting to fall out with a lot of people on here, you're far too good at this! 😀

Fantastic paint job that mate.

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, George72 said:

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't record much(read, almost nothing) during my builds. But, if it helps, I've followed this sequence: black primer basing, then dual layer chipping  (check Doogsmodels site out, the guy is a master) using yellow zinc chromate paint. After that, always lightly sanding after each layer, applied the main colors(freehand). Decals, some post shading to clear some areas and washing with Flory Models products. Finally, weathering with oils and pastels, trying to be as real as possible, that is, avoiding simetry and excess. To seal everything, the final matt varnish. All paints used were Aqueous Gunze.

Thank you!

Thank you very much George! Appreciated!

Dual layer chipping is great although not that easy to control, at least not for me yet. I used it on my ''return to hobby'' model, also an F4U, although 1/72, and on a 1/48 Ju87. Afterwards I watched Doogs and hope to get it even better next time after seeing his work as well. 

Best,

Nikola

9 minutes ago, Nikola Topalov said:

Thank you very much George! Appreciated!

Dual layer chipping is great although not that easy to control, at least not for me yet. I used it on my ''return to hobby'' model, also an F4U, although 1/72, and on a 1/48 Ju87. Afterwards I watched Doogs and hope to get it even better next time after seeing his work as well. 

Best,

Nikola

Cheers, mate!!

Edited by George72