Aero L-39C Albatros 1/72 Eduard

Hi folks,

this is the old Eduard kit I recently built. It was not an experience I would like to soon repeat, but at least this kit shows where Eduard have been 18 years ago and where they are now. 

Built with many scratch built items as canopies, foot steps, FOD's and various antennas. The cockpit comes from CMK set, while the UB-16 rocket blocks are from Eduard. I also used Master pitots and Reskit wheels. 

Painted with my own mixes of Gunze Aqueous to match (at least to certain degree, of course) the Czech AF colors. These machines were kept clean and the PUR-based paints were quite glossy, even after some years in the operation.

Cheers,

Libor

50617829062_1326ebcd89_o.jpg

50617829037_7ec2d1a4d2_o.jpg

50617829007_3e2dcc58b0_o.jpg

50616983998_982d3a546b_o.jpg

50617828967_3003d8e05a_o.jpg

50616983918_237099b1fb_o.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

Another masterpiece from you Libor. I really like the L-39 you have shared with us here.

I agree. Beautifully done!

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, Vultures1 said:

I get the impression you found the build challenging - can you share some of the problems?

Actually not a major challenges, it was quite good short-run kit that time. But it means lot of adjusting, sanding, rescribing the shallow panel lines, scratch building etc... simply all what you may expect from this sort of kits. In addition, they missed some of the shapes too, e.g. nose proportions, curvature of the canopy etc. Eager to see if Trumpeter will come one day with scaling down their 1/48, kit, hopefully with better result.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1

Very nice build of an attractive plane.  Your result looks a lot better than my effort earlier this year.  I agree about the kit, it goes together reasonably well but I needed a change of mindset as this Eduard is not the same Eduard that made the Spitfires I’d built!

• Thanks 1

Libor,

I am always stunned by the surgical finesse of your models!

I especially like the delicate entry ladders and the flawless paint job, which is one of your trademarks!

I assume you used decals for the yellow/black wingtips?

Greetings from Vienna!

Roman

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 6:21 AM, Hobo said:

Was the green and light tan camouflage airbrushed freehand or with masks? 

Done via masks - rolled pieces of Blu-Tack.

17 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

I assume you used decals for the yellow/black wingtips?

Yes, those are decals indeed.

Cheers,

Libor