1:24 Lamborghini Miura with "Italian Girl's Figure" from Hasegawa

After building the Ford GT-40 it occurred to me that one of my other favourite Dinky/Matchbox cars when I was a nipper was the Lamborghini. Imagine my happiness at seeing this kit, which was not overly expensive, to allow me to build one in 1:24 Scale. The 'Italian Girl's Figure' was an interesting addition.

I'm not sure that apostrophe is in the right place or even necessary! "Italian Girl Figure" would have been perfectly correct, after all your are making a model of an Italian Girl, not just her figure (nice as that may be!)

I did a custom mix of Tamiya Orange and red gloss paint to get the Lambo colour and overall it was an enjoyable build. It was nice the kit came with decals for the girl's eyes and eyebrows, but she has a rather goggle-eyed expression because of them. Its probably better than my painting however!

DSC_4790.JPG

DSC_4793.JPG

DSC_4794.JPG

DSC_4795.JPG

DSC_4796.JPG

DSC_4579.JPG

DSC_4580.JPG

DSC_4581.JPG

• Like 21

Lovely builds, both the Lambo and young lady - she really does suit the car! 

Just one nit pick;

1 hour ago, Kallisti said:

after all your are making

That would be ''you're'' - you're missing an apostrophe in your sentence.... :whistle:

Sorry couldn't resist, I've got my :coat: and am out the :door:

Cracking Lambo!! :)

Keith

• Haha 4

Took me a little while before I noticed the car in your photos!   😆

It's beautiful!  Nice work! :clap2:

Your paintwork on the girl looks awesome too!

I guess you could say there are two items there which were "built for speed!" 😬

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, keefr22 said:

That would be ''you're'' - you're missing an apostrophe in your sentence.... :whistle:

Keith

Well to be absolutely pedantic, I just need to loose the 'r' from the 'your' as the next word is 'are' anyway :)

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Well to be absolutely pedantic, I just need to loose the 'r' from the 'your' as the next word is 'are' anyway

Yep, I only noticed that after I posted my pedantic post...!! 🤣

Whatever, it's still a beautiful Lambo with a beautiful accompaniment!

Keith

• Like 2

So I had a brainstorm  and collected all 3 sportscars I've built recently along with the Italian girl to make this amusing scenario...

DSC_4813.JPG

So she is walking past all these lovely cars thinking "Its a pity the drivers are such pillocks, I'll just get the bus home!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Love both your “curvy” builds! The female figure also really helps accentuate how low the Miura is (or how long this young lady’s legs are???). Reminds me of the last time I attempted a sit in a sports car at the auto show, a Corvette C7. I was unable to climb out of it on my feet and just ended up rolling out of it onto the display carpet....guess I’ll just have to keep the old sedan!

Nice job on both!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1