Revell 1/72 Panavia Tornado IDS

Evening all,

Hot off the bench is my 22nd completion for the year, Revell's 1/72 Tornado IDS. In keeping with my naval theme for the year, I've finished it in the older and very smart German Navy colours with the help of a old Model Decal sheet. I also threw some Pavla seats into the cockpit and modified the kit ECM Pod to look something like the original pod carried. While still a nice kit, it's starting to show its age a bit; the clear parts are looking very tired and it didn't go together quite as well as I remember when I last built one, albeit that was 12 years ago. A few issues here and the odd mistake there meant it actually turned into one of those builds I couldn't wait to get off the bench in truth... Finished as always using Hataka Orange Line lacquers

50611054781_9cdd48affb_o.jpgRevell 1/72 Panavia Tornado IDS by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50610313463_4f4ecf806b_o.jpgRevell 1/72 Panavia Tornado IDS by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50610313378_19b9e47138_o.jpgRevell 1/72 Panavia Tornado IDS by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50611172127_4e30eae937_o.jpgRevell 1/72 Panavia Tornado IDS by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50611172027_c9a175d95f_o.jpgRevell 1/72 Panavia Tornado IDS by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

As ever any and all comments welcomed,

Shaun

• Like 49

A very well done Tornado. With 22 completions for the year, you have more bragging rights than my 5 completions give me. But 1 or 21, any completions are something to be proud of and I reckon we'll all agree about that.

• Like 1

Hi Shaun,

superb build you've done there! Congrats!!!

I am not a fan of the Tornado, but if I were to build one, it would definitely be in the German Navy colors. Nothing else!

Great show!

JR

• Like 1