SEA VIXEN. TRUMPETER 1/48

Hello to all

I have been admiring all the wonderful Models and have wanted to contribute but never felt I had the skills or ability to do so. Well after several attempts at doing models... ( i have been modelling since a kid) I think I have one that is acceptable and up to a good standard to show.... constructive criticism is welcome I hope to do better on my next project... thanks to all

Greek Modeller...

p?i=a8b581b95d47bf1f3da6beddbd374c3a

p?i=1311e9f928bb33f709cd0c3798e12bd2

p?i=b852d01741a8ac94238fc32ca09a827c

p?i=210f51000fdc82ce7eb8eb43093a6aa4

p?i=2b5671ecc23732f8129cd3691f56e15e

p?i=5b32feeef99df35b3a43d02e667e899f

• Like 34

Nothing much wrong with that one. That’s an encouraging build there and you should be happy to get it on display. 

There might be one small tiny point of constructive criticism. It might just be the photos but perhaps like me you used gloss black paint on the rubber tyres?  I used to do that until someone pointed out that a very dark grey colour - almost black but not quite - looked better. 

Even so I’d be very happy with that one. Nice Sea Vixen 👏 bravo

Plus 1 to what John said. Just keep getting the models assembled and built (rather than 'stored') and every build you do will just get you a better finish and end result than the previous one.

Excellent subject by the way and the Vixen is just a cool airframe and colour scheme.

Gary

A lovely job on an iconic aeroplane.  My only "criticism" is that you've been needlessly concerned about your models not being good enough to show.  As a newbie myself, I can tell you that this is a very supportive place!!

Keep 'em coming!

Cheers

Shaun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodenlee said:

A lovely job on an iconic aeroplane.  My only "criticism" is that you've been needlessly concerned about your models not being good enough to show.  As a newbie myself, I can tell you that this is a very supportive place!!

Keep 'em coming!

Cheers

Shaun

What he said! You're building and showing and that says a lot for you. You can be proud. Keep 'em coming.

I am blown away by all the positive comments, thank you all, point taken JohnT they would look better in a matt colour and not black.... I worked hard on panel lines and still feel I could do better, working and learning from all sites and this awesome community here...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...