Hannants order issues

Hello everyone,

I placed an order on Hannants, website beginning of November. Just before that, I updated my new address here in France.

The address stated on the order overview on Hannants' website is correct. But somehow they mixed up the street of my new address with the town of my previous address in Belgium when sending the information to DPD. No need to say that the parcel is now lost somewhere between Mars and Venus ...

In the meantime, I tried several times to contact Hannants by email (as they are not picking up the phone anymore). Of course, none of my emails have been answered. What a poor show!

I fully understand the actual circumstances and the difficult times we are passing through but customer satisfaction should stay any business' main goal. Obviously not at Hannants.

Is there anyone in the same (or similar) situation as I am right now?

If someone's from Hannants sees this post, please contact me.

Thanks for reading.
Karl

In my experience, they will replace your order!

My gut instinct says that they are trying to trace the existing order first but being as we are two weeks into a four week lockdown, I assume that there will be a delay in responding!

I recently had an order in with Hannants where I was going to collect it, but by mistake a delivery address was on the order. Had a phone call  the next morning wanting to clarify where it was going and the order was fully refunded and charged again as a click and collect order. I must admit that I have never had an issue with Hannants and I am surprised they have not answered an email. When I went to pick up it was beginning of September and they still said they were very busy trying to catch up. 

It's appalling that they haven't replied in over two weeks. Even given the current virus situation, that is more than long enough for any company to react to any given query. Also, it might be worth asking why your new address was "tampered with" in this way. Assuming that the address should have been automatically updated by Hannant's operating software, the partial inclusion of some of your previous address suggests there might have been some human intervention involved in this mistake. We all make mistakes, but this is a major one. 

All in all, the big H have some uncomfortable questions to answer here. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

Things are getting back in place. I finally had an answer to my email.

Something went wrong with the shipping company, the parcel is now in its way to France.

Good news and hope for the best 🙂

Be safe.
Karl

• Like 2
On 11/17/2020 at 12:01 PM, spruecutter96 said:

the partial inclusion of some of your previous address suggests there might have been some human intervention involved in this mistake.

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

• Like 1