++Italeri B-25 G/H Conversion ?++

supersonic

Hello Chaps,

i wonder how much work would it be to convert Italeri's (Accurate Miniatures) B-25G into an H version. as far as i know the only OOB H version that exits in Quarter-scale is Monograms

ancient kit from the '70s.

Cheers

Hans

It's not _that_ ancient (1977) and if you get an early moulding (better fit than some of the late releases) then it's still a highly buildable kit.  It's going to be a lot less work to rescribe the Monogram kit than it will be try to modify the Acc Min kit. You would need to use at least the rear half - realistically probably the the whole of the Monogram fuselage in any case: the H has the later, deeper rear fuselage in common with the J, whereas the G has the early B/C/D shallow rear fuselage.

If you do decide to attempt a cross-kitting exercise you will also want the Monogram cowls: they are signfiicantly more accurate than the Acc Min ones

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 1

Not my scale, but I am fairly familiar with both kits, and I agree with WIP's suggestion of using cowlings and fuselage of the Monogram kit, as you will need the package guns of the J, as well as the fuselage from the back of the bomb-aimer's position to the tail. He was correct about the H/J fuselage being deeper at the rear than the C/D/G, as the new tail gun position required the extra space.The H/J also used the deeper carb air intakes with integral sand filters above the cowling than the G.  Be aware that the first 300 B-25H's had two package guns on the RH side only and the remaaning 700 had two guns on each side. (This comes from the B-25 History Project webpage- an excellent modellers reference for all variants of the B-25 that I have linked below for you and any others interested!)

Mike

https://b-25history.org/index.htm

• Thanks 1