Monty's Humber . . . a question

Mancunian airman

Hi all

I'm looking to convert Montys open top Humber into a Staff car but I would like to ask the question:

Is there or does anybody know of a resin conversion piece for this kit please ?? 🤔

The resin piece would be a new roof section. 

The 32nd scale Airfix kit of Monty's Open top Humber

Monty-s-Humber.jpg

Thanks in anticipation

Ian

By 'staff car' do you mean the full tin top station wagon, officially called the Heavy Utility?  This kit is itself a staff car.

I believe the short answer is 'no', and the long answer is probably also "no".  There are a couple of resin Heavy Utilities in 1/35 but the parts wouldn't be compatible with 1/32.  Accurate Armour in fact do - or did - make a kit of the Humber Heavy Utility, but the 4WD version with the different body and angular bonnet.  Wespe Models also kitted the same type.  MMK do the Ford WOT2 version. 

I don't believe that anyone has made a kit or conversion for the Humber Snipe Heavy Utility "woody wagon" in 1/35.  Ace make one in 1/72.  So I think you would be stuck with a scratchbuild.  The rear body is essentially flat pieces but the roof is a complex shape probably needing home-forming in plastic over a shaped balsa wood former.  Or just use the balsa wood........

• Like 1

Hi,

Since I have two of the kit, I had considered trying to convert one to a hardtop (like shown below) but hadn't yet got a chance to do so.  I was just going to try and trim, sand and putty up the existing "raised" convertible roof as a starting point though.

Humber_Military_reg_1939_4000_cc_alleged

• Like 2

The full saloon is a much harder job because of the compound-curved body shape.

I was thinking of the station wagon/shooting brake, the earlier version of the Heavy Utility.  This one - with acknowledgement to the claimed copyright owner.

spacer.png

• Like 1