Ryan Air 737-800

Zvezda 737-800 straight from the box but with 26 Ryan Air decals. Flew on this to Lanzarote in 2019 - remember when we could do things like that?

472e855b-d0e2-46ed-a969-a03dd99fdd3b.jpg
a5c7411c-cfc2-4833-bd64-0c363ab02f4c.jpg
d9fc14c4-a8e0-4dda-b4c9-20bc51567260.jpg
8a121746-31a4-4913-98d8-991ebc86bc49.jpg

Steve

• Like 38

Don't worry we will be cramming ourselves into low cost airlines soon enough. 

Great model of the ubiquitous 737 and equally ubiquitous Ryanair. The airline we love to hate although not once have I had a bad experience with them. I even got to ride on the flight deck once, pre 9/11 of course. 

Thanks for the kind comments. It is a lovely kit and the 26 decals worked well.

7 hours ago, noelh said:

Don't worry we will be cramming ourselves into low cost airlines soon enough. 

Great model of the ubiquitous 737 and equally ubiquitous Ryanair. The airline we love to hate although not once have I had a bad experience with them. I even got to ride on the flight deck once, pre 9/11 of course. 

It just seems like such a long time ago that you could sit that close to complete strangers for a couple of hours. First time flying with Ryan Air and despite expecting problems everything went smoothly. Visits to the flight deck takes me back a bit......

5 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

You flew on Ryan Air?

I'd have sooner walked.

Nice model by the way.

That was my feeling before we went after hearing so many bad stories but they were fine for us, a big puddle to walk through to get to Lanzarote put me off that option!

Cheers.

Steve

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Nice looking 737, I do think that the Ryanair livery is quite smart. I have the Revell boxing with these decals, must get it out and build it sometime!

Cheers

John

It is a smart but simple scheme without being one of the boring white tubes that are flying around. I looked for a Revell one without any luck and had to wait for the 26 decals to be re-printed.

Steve

• Like 1

Nice model, well done!

And sure brings back memories of a happier time when we could fly around Europe at will. Even if it was with Ryanair... that may have not been the company offering the best cabin service but they never failed to bring me from A to B in time, something that can't be said of other airlines with a much higher profile..

And IMHO a very elegant livery

Cheers.

On 16/11/2020 at 21:35, noelh said:

The Revell 737 800 has a few flaws. Too short winglets and the wrong engine intakes to name but two. The zvezda kit is better. 

Glad  I dodged that one then! The Zvezda kit is very nice.

On 17/11/2020 at 03:52, kapam said:

Very nice indeed! :thumbsup:

Reminds me that BPK were tooling up to issue a 737-800 in 1/72 scale but I have lost touch with their progress on the kit. 🤔

I hope they increase their range as there's not enough 1/72 airliners.

13 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Nice model, well done!

And sure brings back memories of a happier time when we could fly around Europe at will. Even if it was with Ryanair... that may have not been the company offering the best cabin service but they never failed to bring me from A to B in time, something that can't be said of other airlines with a much higher profile..

And IMHO a very elegant livery

It seems like such a long time ago hopefully we can get back to that level of freedom again soon.

Steve

• Like 1