Meteor T7 RAE

Special Hobby Meteor T7 with an Aeroclub camera nose as used by RAE Farnborough, the real aircraft was later used for apprentice training and only the forward fuselage now survives. Pretty much built from the box but with home made decals.

7623e3de-5b63-43c4-905d-2960ff4543ba.jpg
336fd9bf-f16b-462f-97bf-2046e0ff2eb7.jpg
5c94cbed-a8a0-49a2-bc44-a2349016be02.jpg

Steve

• Like 24

• BritJet changed the title to Meteor T7 RAE

Very good, I like the way you faded the dayglo. 

BTW are you going for a record? There must be nearly 30 threads of your builds on right now. 😊

They're all great. I'm working through them one by one. Great subjects. 

Steve, what did you do?. Spent the past year churning model after model and decided to share then all at the same time with the people?

Taking in consideration your output (and its quality), and what I had achieved in the past 5 years, you are making me feel very, very envious...

But by all means, please keep them coming...

Which is the maker of the ground work and background you are using for the pictures?

Thanks for the kind comments.

6 hours ago, noelh said:

Very good, I like the way you faded the dayglo. 

BTW are you going for a record? There must be nearly 30 threads of your builds on right now. 😊

They're all great. I'm working through them one by one. Great subjects. 

I do have a thing for faded dayglo! I took photos yesterday of the recent builds and then noticed I'd done more than I thought so took those photos as well. When I was going through the photos I found some I'd taken earlier in the year as well. I think it's only 25 builds so far but 30 is a good target to aim for........ 

58 minutes ago, Jfgred1 said:

Steve, what did you do?. Spent the past year churning model after model and decided to share then all at the same time with the people?

Taking in consideration your output (and its quality), and what I had achieved in the past 5 years, you are making me feel very, very envious...

But by all means, please keep them coming...

Which is the maker of the ground work and background you are using for the pictures?

I've been working at home since March with some periods of not much to do so I have to keep busy! Not going away on holiday has meant a couple of weeks of quality modelling time. The ground work I found on the internet, printed onto photo paper and matt varnished whilst the backdrop is a panoramic photo I took at RAF Cosford.

Cheers.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Wow..that's terrific. I hope I can get WL405 's cockpit looking like that . The centre section also survives but due to money and space available it's just the cockpit I'm restoring.

If your on face book I've got photos etc of my progress there.  Search

Meteor WL405. 

And if you ever wish to sell this build..please give me shout 

Thanks, I hope to visit the South Wales aviation museum when things get back to normal. I'm not a Facebook user but I saw your photos when I was building this and was tempted by the blacked out rear cockpit, but decided against it in the end.

I wouldn't sell it but I'll print and send you a set of decals if it helps.

Steve